Senior Manager High Precision GNSS Positioning
Job Details: Senior Manager High Precision GNSS Positioning
Full details of the job.
Vacancy NameSenior Manager High Precision GNSS Positioning
Location CityReigate Central Ward
Location CountryUnited Kingdom
Role also available inEspoo, Finland; Thalwil, Switzerland; Tampere, Finland
About u-bloxSwiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
PositionAs a Senior Manager High Precision GNSS Positioning at u-blox you are responsible for the heart of u-blox’s cutting edge high precision devices. With yourexperience and in-depth knowledgein the domain of GNSS navigation you are the expert for high precision positioning techniques like Precise Point Positioning and RTK. You are familiar with the complex ambiguity resolution algorithms and the generation, transmission and application of correction data represented either in the state (SSR) or observation space (OSR). Capitalizing on your profound programming skills you efficiently lead a team of motivated engineers to design and implement new features into the firmware of an embedded GNSS real-time system. You feel responsible for testing, documentation, quality control and maintenance of the source code and you coordinate the support to our application engineers in debugging and providing workarounds of nonconformities. You are able to lead the draft of new technical concepts, evaluate their feasibility and derive specifications for new features of a GNSS receiver firmware. As a part of our international multi-site team of specialized software developers you contribute to the next generation of u-blox’s innovative and competitive high precision navigation systems.Tasks
- Leadership in the technical discipline of high precision positioning
- Lead your team in the areas listed below along with your own contributions
- Realization of feasibility studies, drafting of technical concepts and preparation of specifications for new features of the GNSS receiver firmware
- Design, implementation and testing of new features and maintenance of existing features
- Contribution to or technical lead of research and development projects
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Quality control and error analysis
- Providing workarounds or fixes for bugs and nonconformities
- PhDor MS in geodesy, applied mathematics, or electrical engineering.
- Experience in management positions with personnel responsibility.
- Sound standing knowledge and years of experience in GNSS technology and related technologies
- Statistics and adjustment theory
- Kalman Filter
- High Precision Positioning
- Real Time Kinematic solutions
- Profound scientific and engineering skills
- Problem solving
- Data analysis and statistics
- Mathematical and physical models
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Embedded software development
- ARM CPUs (CortexM)
- Inertial sensors (MEMS), Inertial Measurement Units (IMU)
- Digital signal processing and satellite communications
- Programming languages and tools:
- C, C++, Perl
- GIT, Subversion or other version control software
- MS Visual Studio or similar development environment
- Matlab or Octave
- Ability to work as a member of bigger projects. Flexible team player.
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English and corresponding local language
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Applications Close Date
ContactAre you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.