Quality System Manager / Functional Safety Coordinator
Job Details: Quality System Manager / Functional Safety Coordinator
Full details of the job.
Vacancy NameQuality System Manager / Functional Safety Coordinator
Role also available in
About u-bloxSwiss-based u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is the global leader in wireless and positioning semiconductors for the automotive, industrial and consumer markets. Our solutions enable people, vehicles and machines to locate their exact position and wirelessly communicate via voice, text or video. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules and software solutions, u-blox is uniquely positioned to allow OEMs to develop innovative solutions that enable mobility quickly and cost-effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, u-blox is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia and the USA.
Position:In the position as Quality System Manager and Functional Safety Coordinator you are responsible to coordinate Functional Safety activities at a corporate level. Furthermore you will maintain the Quality Management System so that it fits to Functional Safety purposes as required to fulfil ISO 26262 standards. Based on this the automotive culture within our organization will be strengthened. Major Tasks:Functional Safety Coordinator tasks
Quality System Manager
- Act as corporate Functional Safety activity coordinator
- Define the requirements for the organization with regard to the safety lifecycle
- Define the safety management roles and responsibilities
- Interface with sites, suppliers and contract manufacturers as necessary to grant understanding, deployment and fulfilment of Functional Safety requirements
- Conduct Functional Safety assessment and audit activities within the organization and at the production sites
- Make sure the Quality Management System database, applications and tools (e.g. non-conformity databases, process documentation material, etc.) enable ISO-26262 compliancy
- Act as main person of contact for our customers for these topics
Customer Support & Audits
- Ensure organization-specific rules and processes for Functional Safety compliancy
- Act as Project Leader for our process management
- Enforce a structured approach and culture for Requirements management
- Support customers on Functional Safety requirement fulfilment activities
- Organize and lead ISO-26262 customer-driven audits
- Bachelor or Master Degree in electrical engineering, computer science or electronics
- Good knowledge of implementing quality systems
- Experience with quality processes within the automotive environment
- Knowledge of ISO/TS 16949 & ISO 26262 standards
- Experience within the semiconductor industry
- Able to work independently and precisely
- Good English communication skills in speaking and writing
Applications Close Date
ContactAre you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.