Direct Sales - Account Manager
Direct Sales - Account Manager
Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure. Find out more :Colt Website LinkedIn
- Colt Data Centre Services offer colocation and value added data centre services in secure, carrier neutral facilities across Europe and Asia. We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia and have connections to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network, covering 56,000sqm with 24/7 protection, providing flexible, integrated and scalable data centre solutions which reduce risk and help manage evolving business needs.
- Customers vary by market and range from large enterprises requiring space to house their critical IT infrastructure to SMEs with smaller rack-based, capacity demands. Our customers include several of the top financial institutions in Europe, media players and leading global cloud operators.
- Sitting within the DCS Commercial Sales Team, reporting to the Head of Direct Sales, the purpose of this role is both to maintain and develop the existing DCS Customer Accounts (50% of role focus) as well as to generate New Business (50% of role focus).
- Responsible to up-sell add-on business for existing contracts, as well as new transactional deals to ensure revenue and booking growth is maximised.
- Key Sales Activity: Customer presentations and product updates; Diverse prospecting activities; Create sales plan/strategy for customers and New Business; Forecast /opportunity qualification and tracking; Lead follow up within an existing contract and up-selling; Sales proposal writing and management; Determine deal pricing strategy and own the P&L design of an opportunity (for large opportunities);Drive contract negotiations to closure.
- Analyse the Data Centre Services market place at both macro level and in respect of specific expansion opportunities.
- Full understanding of the customers’ business drivers, risks and market pressures and understand how DCS can provide solutions in response. Taking this strategic insight and translating the needs of the customer into coherent development plans for existing and new Colt Data Centres.
- Acts as a DCS ‘spokesperson’ to relevant stakeholders, e.g. business analysts, customers.
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with other internal teams and divisions within Colt (e.g. Voice Services, Network Services) to support customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Collaborates and proactively engage with ‘virtual teams’ across the Line of Business e.g. Pricing, Bid Management and Technical Pre-Sales.
- The successful candidate will be part of building a high performing front end of our business, to complement the excellent product and service.
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience in a similar sales role with detailed understanding of the industry sector and product and/or customer relationship management.
- Record of consistent over achievement of KPI’s.
- Experience of working under pressure and delivering against tight deadlines, even within a challenging of fluctuating internal environment – proven tenacity to succeed.
- Demonstrable experience working in a team environment with the ability to influence and motivate complex, matrix teams both virtually and directly.
- Proven track record of building and driving a healthy pipeline
- Good knowledge of the Data Centre, or related industries.
- Degree level or equivalent is desirable
- Fluent in English as well as one other European language will be beneficial – both written and spoken
- A business leader who combines outstanding executional skills with a strategic insight
- Strong cultural awareness of the different approaches required for C-level interaction in different geographical locations across the region
- An entrepreneurial approach with proven end-to-end experience in growing a brand business in the region from Sales through to Delivery.
- A results orientated approach with the self-motivation to work autonomously without the need for close management and the credibility to manage expectations in order to deliver without over promising.
- Excellent forward planning and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise those items with maximum positive impact on Colt's business and customers;
Colt People makes things happen. We will create an environment where people feel empowered, where they do not wait for someone to give them permission, where they see barriers as something to break through, not a reason to stop.
We will create an environment where our people work hard to understand our business and our customers, where they value their customers’ and their teams’ success. We will attract, work to retain and develop people with entrepreneurial spirit, people who can inspire others to work with them, and who lead by example, not by PowerPoint. Our people will have the courage to say what they think and the wisdom to listen to others.
A culture where people are driven to make a difference and unstoppable in making their ideas a reality
What we offer
We are on a journey to create a high performance culture where we always deliver our promises to our customers via
- Competitive rewards package
- Diverse, global environment
- Clear and visible values and expectations
- Recognition programmes
- Learning and growing opportunities
- Flexible working
- Socially responsible environment and volunteering opportunities
- Open communication and effective feedback mechanisms
How to apply?
After clicking “Apply now” you will be given the opportunity to register and upload your CV. A member of the recruitment team will be in touch within 48 hours to discuss your application