Director Sourcing and Contract Management North, Central & Eastern Europe
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an energetic, natural leader for the position of Director Sourcing and Contract Management North, Central and Eastern Europe to join our Operations department at our Headquarters in Lucerne, Switzerland. This position will report to the Vice President Sourcing and Contract Management and work closely with various EF functions and suppliers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategy – actively participating in setting strategic objectives for the newly established Sourcing and Contract Management function
- Technology – contribute to the development and improvement of tools used by the SCM team through a deep understanding of technology used in sourcing and group/independent traveler segments
- Sourcing – implementing sourcing processes and best practices
- Negotiation – leading/supporting negotiations, developing team/individual capabilities in negotiations
- Category Management – establishing category management approach, continuous expansion of know-how for the assigned spend categories and geographical regions
- Supplier Relationship Management – supporting the development and implementation of a strategic SRM approach
- Risk Management – review Risk Management approach and processes based on business needs
- Savings, Cost Management and Quality Management – meeting and exceeding cost savings targets and process efficiency targets by giving EF access to the most favorable pricing and conditions whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and customer satisfaction
- Budget and Cash Flow Management – establishing robust budget as well as cash flow management/monitoring processes in line with EF budget cycles
- Market Knowledge, Trends and Innovation – being on the forefront to understand the pulse of the supply market, evolving trends and developments around categories and geographies with a focus on bringing innovation to EF
- Leadership – managing and developing team of 5 FTEs, leading by example and applying EF’s Leadership behaviors
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in procurement, business or economics
- 5 to 10 years of services procurement, sales or account management experience in travel, tourism or education industry
- Strong interest and network in the tourism industry
- Passion for educational travel
- Strategic mindset whilst open to supporting day-to-day priorities
- Solution oriented, open-minded and driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, social skills and cultural awareness
- Fluent in English, French and/or German, other languages advantageous
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland.
Why work at EF?
We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe that change is the key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language and discover the world. We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 40,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!