The Marketing & Stakeholder Relations department
Seeks for 1st December 2016
The International School of Geneva has an excellent reputation for the quality of its education and its diverse multicultural environment. Its success is mainly due to the openness and commitment of all its employees.
To complete our Marketing and Stakeholder Relations team, we are looking for a
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
Part-time: 20 hours on 47 weeks
- School website:write and publish English-language content and coordinate translation of the same with Communications Manager; ensure website public calendar is up-to-date and reflects priority events; liaise regularly with school offices.
- Social media:Write and post social media content (Facebook posts, Facebook events, Tweets) and curate content from other relevant channels that helps to deliver our marketing strategy; liaise with other social media editors to ensure cross-fertilization of content; manage community interaction.
- Event organization: Work with colleagues from the Department of Marketing & Stakeholder Relations to organize and execute events e.g. school open-days, Foundation participation to Course de l’Escalade and other ad hocevents.
- Event publicity:Work with Graphic Designer to create simple posters and event announcements using existing templates OR brief for development of bespoke posters by Graphic Designer; prepare press releases and short event announcements for inclusion in school and campus newsletters; develop relationships with local Anglophone media channels to help drive awareness of our work.
- Other duties as requiredto assist the Marketing & Stakeholder Relations department with projects e.g. publication of internal staff communications, ad hoctranslation from French into English, proof-reading of texts, writing short articles for Foundation’s flagship publication echomagazine, etc
- Values-driven with demonstrated interest in and commitment to international education
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy team environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High personal standards and strong commitment to quality
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and open-minded
- A high sense of creativity and aesthetic sensibility
- Excellent organizational skills, capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize among them, demonstrated follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- The enthusiasm and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Tact and diplomacy and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- A good sense of humour!
- Educated to first degree level
- Excellent oral and written English (mother tongue essential) and very good spoken and written French (B2/C1 level)
- Experience in a dynamic and fast moving communications position
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to collaborate with a team
- Demonstrated experience and ability in journalistic copywriting and production of communication materials across all media, especially print and digital.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in Content Management Systems (CMS) for web, social media platforms, MS Office products (PowerPoint, Word) and Google apps.
- Good understanding of page layout and ideally some knowledge of graphic design software e.g. Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator. Ability to lay out posters etc using templates in graphic design packages and PowerPoint.
You will find additional information on the job description by clicking here.
Candidates are required to send their CV, contact details of three referees, one of whom must be the current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr Michael Kewley, Director of Marketing & Stakeholder Relations, International School of Geneva, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org 3 rdOctober 2016(mentioning the reference number 130 006)
N.B. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The International School of Geneva is committed to the protection and safety of its students