Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Interoute is an international provider of Enterprise grade communications and computing service.
Our advanced fibre optic network connects the business hubs of Europe, nearly 200 data centres and colocation facilities to America, Africa, Asia and network partners across the globe.
As owner and operator of Europe's largest cloud services platform Interoute operates from a unique position in its ability to deliver Unified ICT services to Enterprise customers.
The Customer Service Management team is responsible for the development of delivery platforms for Connectivity, Communications, Computing and Security product sets that position Interoute as a high margin innovative ICT Integration solutions provider.
It is a team that works closely with Sales to jointly develop and support viable plans for delivering industry leading service management and in life support of Interoute Enterprise customers.
The team provides a wide range of Professional Services ensuring that Interoute is capable of supporting the lifecycle of large and complex Enterprise customer solutions.
Reporting to the Regional Director, supporting the requirements of high value customers.
The Technical Manager (TM) will actively participate in the presales process to allow continuity through service fulfilment.
They are responsible for on-going operational and technical relations and act as Single Point of Contact for the customer regarding technical matters.
They will be responsible for handling customer expectations, change requests which cannot be submitted as standard change orders and for re-engaging solutions resources if required to handle major solution change.
They will work extremely closely with the Account Manager, the Project Manager and the Service Manager to identify and implement new projects and solutions for the customer as well as support in technical matters during the contract length.
The Primary responsibility of the Technical Manager ICT solutions is to bring a holistic ITIL based Service Management structure to some of Interoute’s most important Unified Computing Customers. This structure includes responsibility for but is not limited to the following functions.
• Being the Technical Design Authority for the customer
• Being the customers advocate in all technical matters related to their solution
• Ensuring that the customer solution is accurately recorded in systems and documentation
• Working with Interoute’s technical teams to provide solutions fit for purpose
• Working hand in hand with Sales, looking to provide operational satisfaction to the customer at acceptable margin while Sales manage the general commercial customer relation with a view to revenue growth
• Manage the customer solution lifecycle from initial customer order onwards
• Implementing standards for how customers are brought on board and how they are supported in life and providing the relevant internal and external stakeholders with clear and unambiguous expectations
• Working with other members of the CSM Team reporting on service levels, customer satisfaction and recommending changes through a process of continual improvement
• Taking the technical lead on delivery for large and/or complex customer solutions, coordinating the standard business areas as appropriate to hit program deliverables and deadlines and managing third party elements of a solution as required
• Assisting in the creation of service reports and attending regular service review meeting as and when required
• Acting as a primary technical interface to customers for addressing high level concerns on operational performance and for interpreting their change requirements into standard orders or where unavoidable creating customer specific environments to satisfy such requirement
• The Technical Manager needs to be able to understand the business processes of our customers and transform them into services based on Interoute’s infrastructure and service catalogue
• Ensuring that the services we deliver meet the agreed service levels and that we have the necessary IT service management processes OLA’s and contracts with 3rd parties in place
• Work with other service managers and technical managers to create and continuously advance processes
• Regular attendance at customer locations
• International travel might be required
• At least 5 years in a Hosting Service Provider or ICT service environment, Degree level preferred
• Ability to understand and access complex technical solutions as well as to interact with customers at a senior level
• An up to date strong level of hosting and managed services knowledge, including but not limited to :
o OS – GNU/Linux (Redhat/Centos) and Windows (Client and Server)
o Networking (LAN/WAN) and Security (Firewalls and Load Balancers)
o Virtualization technology (VMware, Cloudstack)
o Backup systems
o High Capacity storage systems - Netapp
o Hosting hardware, Servers, SANs, Blades
o Cloud services – SAAS, PAAS, IAAS (Interoute VDC, Azure, AWS, GCP)
o Capacity management
o Migrations from P2V, migrations to cloud services
• Preferred experience with PRINCE II or similar project management methodology
• Scripting/programming experience desirable (bash, powershell, python)
• ITIL qualifications highly desirable
• Other tasks as required by management
• A technologist able to enthuse an audience
• A committed team player
• Persuasive, influential and an effective communicator
• Excellent matrix management and ability to build strong cross-departmental relationships
• An experienced individual able to communicate at all levels
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• An ability to recognize potentially serious issues quickly and drive to resolution
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Risk Aware
• Personal focus on continuous improvement and innovation, open to new ideas and techniques for project management
English required, French highly desirable