Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
This role reports to the VP Sales ECS and fits under the Enterprise Business team.
• Being the technical evangelist of the VDC standard portfolio of products, translating customer requirements into feasible, standard, repeatable, and scalable technical design that can be delivered and supported within the standard Interoute VDC capability set.
• Lead the solution design for managed networking, cloud and UC&C proposals, interfacing both with the customer and internally with the account team and the different international supporting teams.
• Be the ‘go to’ experts on the VDC product set. Able to answer questions that are feature, benefit and technology based. A strong core understanding of Information Technologies is required, with a strong emphasis on computing technologies.
• Lead the consultative phase with customers and prospects, detecting potential ICT needs, influencing those needs towards the Interoute core capabilities.
• Play a significant role lead the consultative phase with customers and prospects, detecting their potential ICT needs, influencing those needs towards the Interoute core capabilities and influencing eventual future requests from them.
• Support on the projects P&L, advising also on deal structure to provide the most cost effective solution to the customer, while maximizing the required financial KPIs.
• Support Service delivery in liaising with the customer and making sure that all technical required information is correctly provided for the implementation of the service in respect to the committed service delivery date.
• Support on generic technical/administrative activities within the bidding process until the handover to Service Delivery.
• Making recommendations to management on the appropriate technical path for the development of the client relationship as well as in respect of project facilitation, process improvement and efficiency for future
• Build a credible relationships across the regional sales engineering and sales teams and ultimately with clients themselves.
• Take a holistic approach to a Solution; owning technical design and encompassing a good understanding of support processes and structure (e.g ITIL).
• Understand Sales strategies (e.g. Miller Heiman) and provides advice to a Sales team on what solutions would progress a deal or enhance a relationship.
• Demonstrable understanding of the following server technologies:
o Virtualization Hypervisors including VMWare vSphere, Citrix XEN, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM & Oracle VM.
o Linux (RHEL & Debian based distributions)
o Microsoft Windows Server (2003+)
o Database design inc HA (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql)
o Application design inc HA (Exchange, AD, Oracle etc)
o Backup technologies (inc. Veritas Netbackup)
• More than 5 years in the Sales Engineering role designing of managed networks, cloud and UC&C solutions.
• Demonstrable pre sales consultancy and design experience in a Cloud Service Provider or Hosting Provider.
• Demonstrable Experience of technical support in selling cloud & traditional hosting services to multinationals and the private sector
• Demonstrable understanding of networking utilising the following technologies:
o IP Addressing, Subnet masks & basic routing principles
o Layer 2 networks including VLANs & STP
o Firewalling, IPS, Global Load Balancing & DDOS mitigation
o Knowledge of MPLS networking would be advantageous
• Demonstrable understanding of storage technology utilising the following technologies:
o CIFS / NFS / iSCSI / FC
o Data management & replication (sync & async)
o Tiered Storage
o Archive based storage
o Data Deduplication
• Maintain good awareness and interest in the ICT market and technologies
• Highly structured, flexible, organized & customer focused.
• Very strong consultative skills as well as customer facing attitude.
• Team player capable of interacting professionally with other Interoute staff at all levels as well as customers.
• Must have good interpersonal and multitasking skills, be able handle volume but maintain precision, ownership and attention to detail.
• Reliable and focused.
• Highly fluent in French and English at least