IP Paralegal 100% (part time possible)
Stimulating. Motivating. Challenging.
Stimulating. Motivating. Challenging.
The Kudelski Group is: a world leader in digital security. Its technologies are used in a wide range of services and applications requiring access control and rights management to secure the revenues of content owners and service providers for digital television. The Group also offers cyber security solutions and services focused on helping companies assess risks and vulnerabilities and protect their data and systems. And finally it is a technology leader in the area of access control and management of people or vehicles to sites and events.
To provide intellectual property assistance and support for the Intellectual Property Business Unit in Cheseaux, Switzerland, including primary support for IP Team members located in Cheseaux, support to other IP Team members when they travel to Cheseaux and ad hoc support on IP projects.
- Act as a key member of the IPBU support staff responsible for administrative and project management tasks relating to patent portfolio, standards and patent licensing projects. Work closely with the IPBU SVP’s EA, other EB member EA’s, and the KSA Group patent docket coordinator.
- Establish and maintain patent database of electronic files and hard copies of any supporting documents and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Read, prioritize, route and follow up on incoming communication, emails and correspondence ensuring that all documents are timely reported to the inventors, the IPBU team and the firms.
- Assist intellectual property (IP) attorney(s) with management of deadlines and communication with outside counsel regarding deadlines: docket Office Actions/review docket for deadlines; understand docket deadlines and action needed; and inform responsible patent attorney(s) of deadlines.
- Ensure legal documents are processed in a timely and efficient manner complying with the company’s quality requirements, guidelines, and patent offices’ regulations and deadlines. Secure signatures on various documents, such as power of attorney forms, assignments, declarations.
- Complete invention disclosure review and tracking; communicate with inventors and IP attorney(s) regarding status.
- Provide reports and summaries for patent review meetings - research industry-specific data/information (via internet, intranet, internal resources, etc.) and create related reports, presentations and memos. Patent Committee meetings: coordinate with Patent Committee chairs and inventors to ensure high quality, timely information flow.
- Maintain IP budget and expense database
- Transition to handle the project management and administration functions for the Group’s inventor recognition program, in coordination with IP team partners.
- Create, format, and file documents electronically including letters, memos, presentations, trip reports, itineraries, status reports, spreadsheets, and other related documents.
Requirements / Profile
- Prior legal support experience is highly desirable, particularly in intellectual property (or 2+ years of experience in IP matters preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Professional demeanor, highly focused attention to detail, integrity and passion for work, must desire to learn and gain new experience in a dynamic team environment.
- Task-oriented with excellent sense of prioritization, highly organized with the ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and projects, ability to work individually on a project and on multiple projects concurrently.
- Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a highly professional way.
- Self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information
- Decisive and able to exercise independent judgment and assimilate information quickly. Able and willing to learn and improve complex patent portfolio management processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and ability to learn a variety of software tools.
- Fluent French and strong English language skills are essential.