Data Privacy Senior Manager, Europe
BackApply to this job offer
Data Privacy Senior Manager, Europe
On behalf of one of our clients, an international company, we are seeking a:
Data Privacy Senior Manager
The position is to be based in Amsterdam.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships throughout area of responsibility to foster an advisory or collaborative approach to proactive compliance.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the implementation of Europe data privacy compliance program plans, tasks and initiatives.
- Maintains current working knowledge of current and emerging laws and regulations, and periodically reviews and updates standards relating to compliance.
- Responds to alleged violation of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct in partnership with Legal and Human Resources.
- Makes recommendations to Legal & Compliance leadership with regard to the development or revision of existing policies, procedures or systems.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and on-going performance management of one or more direct employees.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Data privacy programs
- Serves as a member of the Global Privacy Council providing regular reports to the Council on European data protection issues
- Supports, partners and collaborates with Data Privacy Director to ensure the Europe data privacy program aligns with the strategy and operational elements of the enterprise data privacy program
- Responsible for managing and supporting the implementation of the enterprise global privacy strategy and accompanying tasks and initiatives for Europe
- Develops Europe privacy policies, procedures, and guidance documents
- Develops and implements a comprehensive European privacy training program
- Evaluates/manages local data privacy service providers in Europe
- Registers as the European Regional Data Privacy Officer where appropriate
- Monitors the documentation, notification and communication of personal data breaches
- Partners with the Information Security team to ensure appropriate security safeguards are deployed to protect personal information in accordance with European standards
- Processes Subject Access Requests, the provision of advice/guidance, and support of other staff involved in data privacy compliance
- Europe G-PAF
- European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Develops and implements a process for engaging with third parties e.g. due diligence, auditing, and monitoring, training
- Develop and implement a plan for notifying regulatory authorities when personally identifiable information has been breached
- Ensures compliance with GDPR
- Supervisory Authorities (SA)
- Cooperate with the relevant SA in partnership with Legal
- Act as the point of contact for, and consulting with, the SA on issues related to processing of personal data
- Responding to inquiries and complaints and overseeing local aspects of the data breach program
- Respond to the alleged violation of privacy rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by recommending the initiation of appropriate investigation procedures and data breach response protocol in coordination with the Global Data Privacy Program and Information Security teams.
- Graduate degree
- Data protection or compliance related experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ professional experience in providing legal/compliance support to a large multinational company
- Strong drafting skills in English required
- Business acumen and good judgment.
- Embraces and proactively supports change in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Well-developed understanding of the budgeting process, expenses, and headcount management.
- Solid management and leadership skills.
Kindly note that only qualified applications will be considered and contacted. Thank you for your understanding.