Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Strategic Planning Director, General Surgery
The Specialty Strategy Business Partner is responsible for leading global strategy and portfolio management for General Surgery. The responsibilities and scope of this critical leadership role extend well beyond Surgical Innovation’s traditional Strategy focus on surgical products. The Specialty Strategy leader must create and implement a global blueprint that encompasses a portfolio combination of organic and inorganic services and products across the patient continuum of care to significantly impact the current state of healthcare and build a world-class business.
1. Partners with Specialty GM and other senior x-functional global leaders (including Medical Affairs, R&D, Marketing, Finance and Super Regional leaders) to build strategic priorities, develop an effective portfolio management investment plan and develop diversification strategies that alter the current state of healthcare
2. Strategy Development – partnering with x-functional and regional leaders to develop or facilitate the development of the global and region/country disease strategy across the continuum of care
3. Portfolio Management – develop and lead fact-based product and service portfolio investments including critical portfolio moves, opportunities in adjacencies, market development, growth acceleration investments across the global markets
4. Identify and investigate new growth platforms to enter new markets and channels
5. Lead x-functional and regional collaboration to formulate the overall short and long-term inorganic strategy
6. Support Surgical Innovations and corporate BD&L teams in assessing of potential targets, including fit with strategy and portfolio, pitching to senior leadership and integration management
7. Strategy Execution – articulate and gain consensus on strategy to senior leadership; alignment and performance management, change management (drive consensus)
8. Establish key customer and competitive knowledge research initiatives for the Specialty division
9. Coordinate and lead development of strategic reviews for Medtronic leadership as required by the Specialty GM and Surgical Innovations President
Education required/ preferred:
MBA with 12+ years of medical device or equivalent experience (MBA in business or economics preferred
· 10+ years of global business development and/or licensing and marketing experience as well as experience in product development, consulting or finance. 3-5 years of experience in Strategic Planning or Portfolio Management. Experience managing global products and services preferred.
· Proven record of leadership and managing
· Strategic global vision and thinking
· Strong Marketing background
· Knowledge of products, services, sales force, and customer needs
· Knowledge of M&A, including sourcing, relationship management, modeling, deal structuring and integration management
· Adept at managing internal and external relationships through use of interpersonal skills
· Powerful communication and influencing skills
· Detail oriented, with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
· Hands on proficiency with basic and advanced decision support analytical tools
· Experience with HPMS preferred
Executing in the Matrix, Strategic Agility, Managing Vision & Purpose, Decision Quality, Business Acumen and Developing Direct Reports
PowerPoint and Excel
This position reports to the Specialty GM and will have strong ties to the x-functional leaders as well as the leaders in each of the global regions as well as the Group CFO.
Key element is flexibility and ability to work independently. Ability to travel as much as necessary for position (up to 50% travel, including international travel)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.