MAINPURPOSE OF JOB
Identifies and develops local markets for Medtronic products and therapies within APV - Venous business. Expands markets, identify new markets and increases market penetration or market share where appropriate.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, initiate and implement all sales activities for APV -Venous product line
- Develop and initiate specific plans, consistent with country sales and marketing development objectives, to successfully launch and gain rapid acceptance and use of existing and newAPV – Venoustherapies.
- Identify, initiate and develop key therapy management programs and implanting centers, utilizing appropriate field and in-house resources (people and programs).
- Co-ordinate and support allAPV – Venoustherapies market development activities (promotional campaigns, educational seminars, patient advocacy groups, medical societies awareness/development, pre-launch profiling, clinical study recruitment) to generate physician interest and facilitate appropriate patient referrals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of newAPV – Venous therapies and serve as an expert resource to educate/support both reps and customers on successful therapy “management program” development.
- Establish and develop K.O.L. relationships to champion the acceptance and use of newAPV – Venoustherapies. This would include focus on the general medical community, professional medical societies and patient advocacy/support organizations to establish new therapies as standards of care.
- Partner with payer relations to ensure reimbursement needs are met and that newAPV – Venoustherapies are accepted and adequately reimbursed by payers. (This would include pre-launch awareness programs, literature searches, government programs, managed care, etc.)
- Partner with EuropeanAPV – VenousMarketing to ensure consistent therapy messages are delivered to the field. Participate on pan-European Therapy Marketing Teams.
- Provide monthly reports to sales and marketing management including sales trends, forecasts, key accounts, and overall success of therapy development activities.
- Co-ordinate, develop and support customer marketing and practice enhancement programs.
- Follow applicable Medtronic policies and procedures related to Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance
- Acts according to the Medtronic Code of Conduct and the Business Conduct Standards
- Mother tongue (Swiss-) German or French with fluent knowledge of the other languages, working knowledge of English
- Bachelor in Business, Health or Engineering Science or equivalent
- 4 - 7 years in sales/marketing (2 – 5 years with Master)
- Proven success in developing new markets for products and therapies
- Experience in a “team-oriented” sales environment
- Group presentation experience at executive level (physicians, hospital administration, medical directors etc)
- Master/Bachelor in Business Administration with focus on tactical marketing or equivalent
- Teaching or educational experience
- Project management experience
- Direct experience in dealing with economic buyers and managed care
- Analytical skills (to understand local market and customer needs) in order to develop European and country specific, strategies and tactics.
- Strong ability to rapidly develop and implement tactical marketing programs
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects within budget and on schedule
- Ability to motivate a project team
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Show strong creativity and project leadership
- Capability to establish and use networks to acquire information
- Language requirements: ability to host meetings in German, English and French. Italian a plus
- Full clean driver’s license
- Proven evidence of Medtronic Core Behaviors, with focus on:
-Customer focus - Accountability
- Passion to Win - Courage
- Candor - Trust & Respect
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.