Sales Manager DBS Neurosurgery
Sales Manager DBS Neurosurgery
M�nchenbuchsee, Bern, Switzerland
Sales16000DUFRequisition #Aug 03, 2016Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
MAINPURPOSE OF JOB
Defines implements, supervises and drives strategic direction, objectives and targets at country level and in accordance with the regional strategy, to gain maximum profitable sales and market share. Allocates and utilizes Medtronic resources in the most effective way.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and execution of National therapy, product and solutions strategies
- Defines the national revenue and expense strategy, in line with the regional P&L strategy. Evaluates actuals versus plan on a regular basis and intervenes in an efficient and timely manner in the case of deviations.
- Segments and defines account therapy strategy.
- Plans and implements account execution plan (together with SR & regional manager)- monitors, communicates and manages KPI’s.
- An analysis of market size, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources and develops strategies to improve sales, decrease cost levels and increase market share for all product lines.
- Ensures/drives execution of strategies and ad-hoc plans, after approval of the RTG Leader / Regional Business Director Neurological & ENT ABGI.
- Builds strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers and those influential in the purchasing process to enhance the Medtronic Brand and Image.
- Coordinates and liaises with other Medtronic businesses regarding actions/activities within the country.
- Sets national guidelines to leverage resources and coordinates shared resources and services delivered within the national network.
- Provides business and field input in country-specific initiatives and actively participates in, and supports the implementation of initiatives and strategic programs.
- Uses the salestools (ex.sf.com/RTG strategic business development) to leverage the efficiency of the sales activities of each sales & technical specialist
- Coordinates with Business Manager the IHS (integrated health solutions) therapy & solution approaches
- People Management
- Uses Medtronic’s HR tools to identify, attract and grow human talent in order to build a strong, performance driven team. Creates an atmosphere of cooperation within the team.
- Sets and communicates targets and objectives for each team member in the country.
- Monitors progression of results on an individual and team level. Evaluates individual and team results versus targets. Assesses team members versus the Sales Force Competencies and in daily practice (during regular “ride-alongs”) and provides constructive feedback. Intervenes whenever appropriate to ensure expectations/targets/competency levels are met. Coaches and energizes incumbents in a constructive way. Manages conflict in an adequate and constructive way.
- Schedules and chairs district meetings to provide team members with business information, changes to business plans, Medtronic policies, new products and services, and organizational changes etc.
- Trains and educates incumbents on Medtronic products, strategies, Mission, tools and processes.
- Create a selling culture by coaching Sales Reps in Sales Calls
- Acts according the Medtronic Code of Conduct and the Business Conduct Standards
- Internal and administrative
- Reports all market, account, and competitive information and trends (e.g., key decision makers, implant rate) in a complete and timely fashion.
- Immediately and accurately reports all negative customer or product related events, e.g. customer feedback or other (legal) issues and risks etc in accordance to sales reps input
- Plans and prepares sales and expense forecasts by territory, product and therapy for the District.
- Carries out all administrative duties and all necessary reports in a timely and diligent manner.
- Attends all required regional and national meetings.
- Degree in Engineering, Life-science, Marketing, Business Administration or Biology or another relevant, advanced degree
- Good selling techniques and excellent selling strategies
- Advanced People Management skills
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive marketplace
- Thorough knowledge of the product lines
- Thorough knowledge of the decision making process with customers (economic buyer, reimbursement)
- Degree in Business Administration
- Neurological & ENT Sales and marketing experience
- Project leader or functional management role
- Role model personality
- Proven ability to effectively operate and communicate in a matrix environment and work effectively with sales management, physician customers, and across district and organizational boundaries.
- Successful track record with sales results.
- Ability to manage a multi-product, sales team and network.
- Proven track record to work independently, while achieving aggressive personal and geographic objectives. Highly motivated, “can do” attitude with strongly influential management skills.
- Proven track record of good judgment. Demonstrated integrity and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Proven track record in business planning analysis and strategic planning
- Proven Evidence of Medtronic Leadership Competencies (Lead by Example, Establish Vision & Strategic Direction, Lead Change, Show Industry Foresight, Develop Leaders and Organizations, Inspire Others
- Decision on product pricing, together with the Business Manger
- Decision on investments, together with legal department and Business Manager
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.