Transcatheter Aortic Valve Interventions (TAVI) is an fast-developing therapy offering a minimally invasive option to patients suffering from aortic valve stenosis, a life-threatening condition affecting millions of people in Europe. Supported by an increasing set of clinical evidence, the therapy is expected to grow considerably with indications expanding to a growing number of patients.
Medtronic is a leader in this fast growing market (double-digit growth) that is characterized by a fast pace of innovations.
In order to support the therapy expansion and the cadence of new product launches, Medtronic is looking for a product manager that will be responsible for the TAVI product line in Europe.
MAINPURPOSE OF JOB:
Develops and executes product marketing strategies and activities for Evolut R and future TAVI products in Europe. Supports development of strategies required to meet and exceed short- and long-term business objectives of sales, market share and profitability. Partners closely with country sales and marketing teams to create and execute local marketing plans. Provides direct support to country organizations in developing and implementing local, tactical marketing and sales support activities. Works cross functionally and contributes to an innovative and inspiring work environment.
Strategic Product Leadership
- Develop and execute region-wide launch plans for new product introductionsand product phase-outs
- Working closely with country and global marketing and sales partners, develop and execute compelling competitive strategyfor the TAVI product line in Europe. Maintain and communicate competitors’ updates through competitive intelligence.
- Define and deliver innovative product promotional campaignsclosely aligned with all relevant stakeholders and supporting global brand guidance. Ensure that collateral reflects the needs in the countries and that it is clearly used in the field.
- Develop superior, fact-based knowledge of European market practices and needs based on market research. Based on this, represent European product and market needsto the global upstream product development teams.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to recommend pricing strategies and guidelinesfor product line.
Supply, Quality and Regulatory
- Coordinate effective supply chain management for the European region, providing sales forecasts and interacting with country teams and Supply Chaiin
- Monitor overall product quality, making an effective link between the SBU/regulatory and the countries sales and marketing teams.
- In collaboration with the Global Field Training organization, optimize sales training for product portfolio, including new hire trainings, distributor trainings, and on-going skills improvement for existing sales reps
- Serve as direct contact point for country marketing, for technical and product support, providing effective solutions and quick response. Interact with global product upstream management to ensure responsiveness to European product needs.
Strategic reporting and Business metrics
- Participate in the design of yearly Marketing Plans, ensuring alignment with the team. Foster synergies by deeply understanding US programs with regional application, execute on global plans agreed.
- Establish and maintain thorough business analyticsto support decision-making and business reviews; participate in preparation and delivery of regular business reviews according to established operating mechanism. Ensure consistent review of product strategies to drive continuous learning.
Education (Formal or Equivalent):
w Undergradute university degree BA, BS or equivalent required
Master in Management or MBA diploma preferred
Professional marketing qualification preferred
3+ years of experience in product marketing in medical devices covering the following areas:
Shaping and implementing international product marketing plans
Product positioning, branding, and promotion
Delivering and executing marketing and sales campaigns
Previous sales experience, or experience in field roles highly valued
Competencies and Attributes:
Ability to operate in a complex, multicultural matrix environment
Strong business analytical skills
Strong project management skills
Ability to confidently interact in a scientific environment with multiple stakeholders
Ability to manage high profile customer relationships
Ability to conduct business in English (more European languages a distinct plus)
Strong engagement, team spirit, can-do attitude
Location and Travel Requirements:
Job is based out of Medtronic’s European HQ in Tolochenaz, Switzerland
Position will require about 50% of travel to ensure contact with customers, field organization and world HQ in the USA