Senior Manager, Professional Services
Senior Manager, Professional Services
Apply NowJob ID169276BRDate posted08/23/2016
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Virtustream is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto, Atlanta, Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
This position is a critical part of the onsite Managed Services team. The Delivery Manager's role is one of the most significant on-site role and is responsible for both the operational performance of the customer's storage and cloud infrastructure and the client relationship. The Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that the MS (ITIL based) processes are followed at all times and that Virtustream consistently meets or exceeds the Service Level Agreements that have been negotiated with the client. Those chosen for this role must have a variety of skills, including technical, communications, process, and financial. Delivery Managers will have a history of managing in a performance based environment and a strong background in managing and motivating teams in a matrix environment. Fundamentally, the Delivery Manager must have the following three competencies: 1. Technical competency (Storage / HW Infrastructure) in the data center/storage arena; 2. Process skill and analytics; and 3. Communications and management skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary interface for all client contact related to the services contract
- Primary P&L accountability for the performance of the service contract
- Responsible for ensuring that Virtustream complies with the SLAs in place with the client
- Managing the storage administration team that handles the day to day operational assignments of the storage infrastructure for which Virtustream is responsible
- Enforcing compliance with established policies, practices, and processes defined by Virtustream for managing storage
- Analyzing and reporting actual to contracted SLA performance levels
- Analyzing the operation for continuous improvement
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- Leadership of storage / infrastructure teams including management of any remote support teams.
- Experience with delivery services and transitional services.
- Interface with Executive Sponsors and run Program Meetings.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Possesses operational command of the business
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Customer focused
- Communication skills.
- Goal oriented
- Strong presentation skills
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.