Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Apply NowJob ID169405BRDate posted08/29/2016
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Virtustream is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto, Atlanta, Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the Managed Services and Solutions team, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
The Infrastructure Managed Services Solutions team is responsible for developing, automating various tasks based on customer requirements to manage their environment. This position is to create/develop/manage workflows to replace manual tasks and improve quality and TCE.
• Definition, design and development of workflows based on customer requirement/manual tasks
• Exercises considerable latitude, without appreciable direction, in determining technical objectives, and meeting program deliverables
• Works with key stakeholders (Architects, Engineering, Product Management, QA) to define release content
• Develops solution related technical material and documentation for both internal and external consumption
• Works cross-functionally with other engineering teams to define and drive feature enhancements/requirements
- 8+ years’ experience in Automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/ Mathematics/related field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing workflows using any automation tools ( vRealize orchestrator experience is a plus)
- Background in software or application development is considered an asset
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Familiarity with EMC storage and Backup products, VMware products is a plus
- Strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to influence others to achieve results, consultative skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work diverse hours to support world-wide teams
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.