Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Virtustream is trusted by enterprises and public sector organizations around the world to run and manage their mission-critical applications in the cloud. The company’s infrastructure-as-a-service solutions are built to address the complete spectrum of enterprise workloads, support hybrid cloud architectures with seamless integration into on-premises private clouds, and offer a full-stack management capability of infrastructure and application managed services that span on- and off-premises infrastructure. Virtustream is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with innovation and development centers in Palo Alto, Atlanta, Waldorf, Germany; Sofia, Bulgaria and Bangalore, India. The company has sales and delivery offices in Hopkinton, Dallas, Cork, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Sydney with data center locations around the world.
Provides content in the formulation of strategic business plans for Virtustream’s Big Data solution inclusive of managed services & cloud strategies. Drives product management processes to optimize product definition, maximize the value of products to Virtustream's business and product, service & solution impact in the marketplace. Creates "first, best content" which describes and communicates product vision and product direction for customers, analysts, and internal Virtustream audiences. Formulates tactics to support the growth associated with a Big Data solution family. Understands the competitive ecosystem inclusive of services and cloud providers.
· Manages big data solution family without direct supervision. Provide product guidance to associate and product managers.
· Evaluates and drives service, product and solution management processes (e.g. long term product strategic business and product requirement plans). Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the service and product impact in the big data marketplace (competition, timing, costs, and internal capabilities).
· Makes decisions, shapes and/or champions new direction for the big data product line. Supports the Business Line (IS Level) of strategic planning. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan supporting a particular product and/or product line to any audience, including executives and customers.
· Analyzes, identifies and qualifies opportunities for new product, service & solution features and functions in support of competitive product positioning.
· Leverages product/market knowledge to assist cross-functional groups including Product Marketing and field personnel with training content. Development of first best content.
· Supports senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new product concepts to gain timely management approval and handling of issues for product feature/function set.
· Supports the development and implementation of the company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Tracks and analyzes product expense and cost. Provides customer interaction and support (e.g. executive briefing center, problem escalation). Analyzes product cost against revenue forecast and actuals.
· Strong technical aptitude
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Inactive: Leadership Skills.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge of the big data technologies including Hadoop, Gemfire, Redis, Spring XD, Rabbit MQ, Greenplum, Pivotal HD, HAWQ, Hortonworks and other domain products. Understanding of SAP and VORA a plus.
· Negotiation skills.
· Strong communications skills
· Problem solving skills.
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.