Community Specialist, Regional Strategies, Europe
COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, REGIONAL STRATEGIES, EUROPE (Temporary)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As part of the Centre for Regional Strategies, the Europe team is responsible for overseeing all of the Forum’s engagement with the European region. This includes developing regionally focused strategies and value propositions for Forum constituents. The team manages overall government relations and curates the regional agenda through engagement with governments, as well as civil society, academia, expert communities and the young generation communities in European countries. It also works in close collaboration with the Forum’s business teams to help stimulate and achieve sustained economic progress in the region.
With the aim of ensuring the successful engagement of government representatives and other public figures in Forum-wide and regional European activities, the Community Specialist will support the Europe team’s activities in all aspects of relationship management as well as operations and administration, especially in preparation of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support country leads in managing a community of public figures (and other constituents where appropriate) through communications with governments and regional institutions
• In preparation of the Annual Meeting 2017, coordinate and track operational and logistical requirements of government officials from the region, and support the development of a European regional programme
• Support Primary Engagement Managers onsite at the Annual Meeting 2017 with managing country delegations, including helping with all logistics (e.g. badges, arrival and departure details, transportation, hotel issues) and agenda planning aspects, as well as session management
• Support country leads on specific country events such as National Strategy Days, workshops and dinners by ensuring deadlines, invitation processes and material production
• Provide outreach support to team for selected countries by preparing agendas and briefing notes and booking travels and accommodation arrangements
• Act as a back-up for the team’s coordination lead and support with administrative tasks, including organizing internal meetings, note taking, monitoring deadlines, or keeping track of participation lists
• Ensure the Forum database is up to date, input data, pull reports and research any missing information
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, business, or other related field
• One to three years of professional experience
• Basic knowledge of the region, including key geopolitical and economic issues, developments and trends
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and web-based databases and CRM tools
• Outstanding service attitude
• Able to prioritize effectively under pressure and multitask in a time-efficient manner
• Outstanding communication skills, with fluency in both written and spoken English; proficiency in another European language is an asset
• Motivated and flexible self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Swiss work permit or EU Citizenship
Duration 1 November 2016 to 28 February 2017
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.