Community Specialist, Foundations Communities - Asia Pacific
COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, FOUNDATIONS COMMUNITIES - ASIA PACIFIC
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Foundations Communities at the Forum include three distinct communities that support leadership and impact: Young Global Leaders, Global Shapersand Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship.
The Community Specialist will design and implement long-term engagement strategies for the three communities in Asia, with a dominant focus on the Asia-Pacific region; designing, facilitating and coordinating community events and activities in this region. The position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Champion community members’ interests within the Forum’s broader range of activities, aligned with the Forum’s mission
• Encourage collaboration of members within and across communities on common interests and affiliations
• Develop, enhance and activate relationships with new and existing members from across a variety of sectors
• Be responsible for digital management of the communities in Asia
• Research, assess and select new classes of leaders from these regions into the three communities annually
• Excel as a coordinator, adviser and collaborator for community-led initiatives and projects
• Maintain and update a comprehensive database of expertise, professional information, invoicing and other data related to the community members
• Manage community events associated with the Forum’s official meetings in the region and stand-alone events such as each community’s annual gathering
Qualifications and Skills
• Broad intellectual background with a master’s degree (or equivalent), preferably MBA or MPA, open to specializations
• 4-6 years of relevant experience with a proven track record in positions of responsibility, ideally in the Asia-Pacific region
• Fluent in English; additional languages welcome, especially French
• Ability to manage complex, cross-team projects and to work efficiently and effectively across multiple priorities
• Digital native – at ease working with a wide variety of digital and social media platforms
• Attention to detail and willingness to take on the necessary administrative and logistical tasks to CRM-related community management
• Flexible and adaptable
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce an advantage
Please apply online and provide us with your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations for working with the Foundations Communities at the World Economic Forum.