Community Specialist, Foundations Communities - Asia Pacific
COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, FOUNDATIONS COMMUNITIES - ASIA PACIFIC
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Community Specialist will design and implement long-term engagement strategies for the three communities in Asia, with a dominant focus on the Asia-Pacific region; designing, facilitating and coordinating community events and activities in this region. The position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Champion community members’ interests within the Forum’s broader range of activities, aligned with the Forum’s mission
• Encourage collaboration of members within and across communities on common interests and affiliations
• Develop, enhance and activate relationships with new and existing members from across a variety of sectors
• Be responsible for digital management of the communities in Asia
• Research, assess and select new classes of leaders from these regions into the three communities annually
• Excel as a coordinator, adviser and collaborator for community-led initiatives and projects
• Maintain and update a comprehensive database of expertise, professional information, invoicing and other data related to the community members
• Manage community events associated with the Forum’s official meetings in the region and stand-alone events such as each community’s annual gathering
Qualifications and Skills
• Broad intellectual background with a master’s degree (or equivalent), preferably MBA or MPA, open to specializations
• 4-6 years of relevant experience with a proven track record in positions of responsibility, ideally in the Asia-Pacific region
• Fluent in English; additional languages welcome, especially French
• Ability to manage complex, cross-team projects and to work efficiently and effectively across multiple priorities
• Digital native – at ease working with a wide variety of digital and social media platforms
• Attention to detail and willingness to take on the necessary administrative and logistical tasks to CRM-related community management
• Flexible and adaptable
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce an advantage
Please apply online and provide us with your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations for working with the Foundations Communities at the World Economic Forum.