Community Lead, Family Business Community
COMMUNITY LEAD, FAMILY BUSINESS COMMUNITY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Family Business Community (FBC) comprises a select group of leading family business owners from all regions of the world and industry sectors. Community members are committed to driving change and taking a long-term view on generating significant social and economic value. As Community Lead, you will support the Head of the Family Business Community in developing a strong value proposition for FBC members of the Forum.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify, contact and develop relationships with family businesses not yet engaged with the Forum
• Coordinate with Forum colleagues on strategies for approaching and engaging Forum Member companies that are family-owned or controlled
• Explore and identify practical delivery mechanisms and new opportunities – through both internal (other initiatives/projects) and external (existing partnerships) channels – that can complement and support existing activities
Content and programming
• Develop a body of unique knowledge for the community by working with global experts and practitioners
• Strengthen the interaction of FBC members by developing specific content for the regional event programmes, and participating in the creation and coordination of activities for the community
• Lead the development and delivery, both content and programming, of community events, including concept development, session design, identification of key speakers and participants, preparation of briefing documents and pre-read materials through to session delivery and follow-up
• Provide input for and work on topics related to the FBC in collaboration with colleagues from other Forum teams and potential external experts/partners
• Build synergies between the FBC team and other relevant teams/initiatives in the Forum
• Keep both internal and external stakeholders up to date on project developments, challenges and opportunities, and overall topic agendas
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree or equivalent in business, international relations, public administration, economics or related discipline
• 6-10 years of work experience, ideally including working for a family business or family office and project management experience
• Comprehensive understanding of the issues and challenges faced by family companies as an ownership group
• Strategic and creative skills in thinking, research, writing and presentation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Salesforce would be an advantage
• Excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
• Demonstrated ability to work with and deliver presentations to C-suite level executives and multistakeholder groups
• Must be a team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment and service-oriented relationship management capacity
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.