Community Lead, Business Engagement - Japan
COMMUNITY LEAD, BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT, JAPAN
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As part of the Business Engagement team, the Community Lead will engage businesses from Japan in Forum initiatives, projects and events, and identify new members and partners in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as the primary person to manage and develop long-term, trusted relationships between the Forum and key business leaders in Japan
• Build relationships with the Forum’s existing regional business community and shape their yearly engagement in coordination with other Forum teams
• Develop the Forum’s membership community in the assigned countries by identifying key potential Partners, understanding their strategic interests and priorities, and shaping compelling value propositions
• Act as a trusted adviser for Partner companies, guiding them on the Forum’s platform and ensuring that they derive the highest value from their engagement
• Understand strategic interests of key business leaders and translate them into tailored partnerships and engagement plans, ensuring continuous successful delivery of these plans and maximizing value of engagement
• Monitor closely and evaluate business developments, media reports and policy changes that impact Japanese business leaders and identify leading-edge, emerging companies and entrepreneurs that can contribute to and engage in the mission of the Forum
• Lead shaping the regional context especially Japan’s business perspective into global agenda including building programmes for Japan and generating cutting-edge knowledge related to Japanese business context in collaboration with other forum teams
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business or economics.
• A minimum seven years’ work experience, including three years of management experience, with significant exposure to the assigned countries
• Client-facing function with proven track record in business development; solid commercial acumen
• Ability to work and build long-term, trust-based relationships with C-suite executives
• Strategic and creative skills in thinking, research, writing and presentation
• Native proficiency in English and Japanese
• Ideally the candidate has an established network of senior contacts in the assigned country
You are willing to work in a highly dynamic setting, requiring outstanding results under pressure and frequent travel, while mainly based in Geneva.
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.