Community Lead, Regional Strategies - Eurasia
COMMUNITY LEAD, REGIONAL STRATEGIES - EURASIA
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As part of the Centre for Regional Strategies, the Eurasia team manages overall government relations and helps stimulate and achieve sustained economic progress in the region. It curates regional agenda through engagement with civil society, academia, expert communities and research organization partners in Eurasian countries.
The Community Lead will take part in all aspects of the Eurasia activities. This includes managing a community of public figures and other constituents in countries of the region, strengthening contacts with governments and regional institutions, and engaging in comprehensive relationship management with members of the Forum.
Duties and Responsibilities
Russian Federation: strategy implementation:
• Lead country projects in digital economy, human capital and energy
• Ensure maximum participation of Russian and Eurasian public figures in the Forum’s meetings, activities and events, and integrate them in other programmes
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure that Russia and Eurasia issues are well integrated into the overall work of the Forum and provide expert knowledge on Russia issues
• Monitor policy priorities of Russian government to ensure the Forum’s work on the region is cutting-edge and up-to-date
• Undertake open-source research on economic, social and political issues on national agenda
• Engage the most relevant Russian thought leaders in communities; such community management ranges from agenda-setting and programme development to taking minutes in meetings and other administrative responsibilities
• Contribute directly to the preparation and execution of the World Economic Forum Moscow Meeting
Government engagement in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine:
• Support year-long engagement, including connecting to projects and ensuring participation in annual and regional meetings
Digital and media strategy:
• Development and implementation of a digital engagement strategy for the Regional Expert Network, working closely with teams across the organization
• Support programme development at annual and regional meetings
• Perform regular administrative tasks (database coding, sending invitations, events logistics)
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Business, International Relations, or related fields
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Russian and English, including presentation skills
• A minimum five years’ work experience, including extended experience in working in or with Russia
• Ability to work and build long-term, trust-based relationships with high-level government officials
• Strategic and creative skills in thinking, research, writing and presentation
• Flexibility, self-starting attitude and the interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
• Experience in working with CRM tools (Salesforce) would be an asset
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.