Community Lead, Technology Pioneers
COMMUNITY LEAD, TECHNOLOGY PIONEERS
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Technology Pioneersteam creates a community of the world’s most innovative companies, normally in the start-up phase, which are involved in the design, development and deployment of new technologies that are set to have a significant impact on business and society. We identify and support outstanding Technology Pioneers, and enable them to engage in multistakeholder meetings to advance the beneficial impact of technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage relationships with current and new Technology Pioneers based around the world
• Liaise with other Forum communities, Industry teams and System Initiative teams to actively integrate members of the Technology Pioneer community in Forum meetings and initiatives
• Collaborate with the Media team to advance the mission and impact of Technology Pioneer companies
• Develop and maintain a professional network to source high-calibre Technology Pioneer candidates
• Liaise with Forum Industry, System and Programming teams to understand industry transformations underway and the relevant potential Technology Pioneers that could help uncover and determine paths forward; recruit these Technology Pioneers into the community
• Conduct due diligence on candidate companies, including first-pass screening of potential companies and their technologies, and refine a prioritized list based on detailed application information
• Contribute to shaping official sessions in Forum meetings by proposing representatives of Technology Pioneer companies for roles based on knowledge of their company strengths
• Lead some of the Technology Pioneer private programmes at Forum meetings
• Foster engagement with Technology Pioneers to encourage private-public cooperation around technology policies, implementations and innovation
• Lead strategy and execution for input into Industry Transformation maps by Technology Pioneer companies – through input gathered at Forum meetings and TopLink engagement of Technology Pioneers
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree in science, engineering, health/medicine, business or other related discipline
• A broad intellectual background
• 5-7 years of work experience in technology, entrepreneurship or innovation
• Excellent command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
• Expertise in new technologies
• Proven interest in multistakeholder approaches to global issues
• Strategic and creative skills in thinking, research, writing and presentation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Salesforce would be an advantage
• Must be a team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment and relationship management capacity
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.