Project Lead, Environmental Initiatives
PROJECT LEAD, ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVES
SYSTEM INITIATIVE ON ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE SECURITY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The environment system builds an inclusive and practical framework for the global environmental agenda. Through an open-architecture approach to multistakeholder cooperation, the System Initiative on Environment and Natural Resource Securityaims to break down traditional silos and foster new forms of cooperation and innovation across the public and private sectors. It does this by bringing together leading experts and practitioners on initiatives designed to achieve economic growth and combat climate change and other natural resource challenges.
The Environment team is looking for a passionate, motivated and professional team player to take forward projects in the resource security portfolio, specifically its Global Water Initiative and New Vision for Oceans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project management and content development:
• Take a leadership role in project planning, content development and implementation, tracking milestones and key objectives and adapting project plans if necessary
• Proactively explore and identify practical delivery mechanisms and new opportunities – through both internal (other initiatives/projects) and external (existing partnerships) channels – that can complement and support existing activities
• Keep both internal and external stakeholders up to date on project developments, challenges and opportunities, and overall topic agendas
Stakeholder management and communication:
• Serve as an expert and information resource for internal and external stakeholders on the Forum’s overall project portfolio on environment, and specifically its Global Water Initiative and New Vision for Oceans
• Build and maintain an internal network of colleagues that work with communities or on projects that are relevant for the environment work, and make sure that they are kept up to date on project developments and opportunities to engage their constituents
• Identify and engage key external stakeholders, working together through internal networks and keeping up to date on the environment agenda (news, reports, trends, events, etc.)
• Drive conversations and curate content on the Forum’s online platforms
• Manage events and related activities (media opportunities, press releases, blogs, virtual meetings, etc.) working with internal Forum teams and external partners
• Shape events related to the environment agenda, from concept development, session design, identification of key speakers and participants, preparation of briefing documents and pre-read materials through to session delivery and follow-up
Qualifications and Skills
• Advanced university degree in environment studies, economics, public policy, international relations, biology, or other environment-related fields
• 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, ideally across multiple sectors and diverse geographies and in an international environment
• Strong interest in environmental issues and innovation, and an ability to quickly identify emerging opportunities and issues; specific knowledge and experience in oceans, freshwater, or innovation and technology in the environment field are an advantage
• Excellent project management skills and ability to work in a team on multiple projects; experience of working on projects that are partnerships among different organizations
• Ability to synthesize information and convey key messages for senior management and high-level external constituents
• Ease with use of social media, as well as digital platforms; experience in building digital communities and curating conversations on digital platforms is a strong advantage
• Outstanding verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
• Capacity to apply critical thinking, work collaboratively in a team or independently, understand complex situations and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.