Community Lead, Professional Services Industry
COMMUNITY LEAD, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Professional Services (PS) Industry Groupis a subset of the Forum’s Industry Partner Groups under the Centre for Global Industries (CGI). The community comprises a range of service-based firms, including accounting, consulting, law, human capital (search and staffing) and other types of service provision. The Professional Services Industry team develops and delivers the year-round industry agenda, directly manages Industry Partner accounts, and works collaboratively with the Strategic Partners team, who manage the remainder of the key accounts, as well as the Project Strategy team, who run the Project Advisers Process (competitive bidding process to match Forum projects with PS firms to provide pro bono collaboration). The team holds the primary CEO relationships for all accounts. (http://www.weforum.org/communities/industry-partner-ps).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and manage the year-round industry programme. This will include industry projects, sessions at the Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters and regional meetings, and additional industry events. You will be responsible for driving the content development and serve as an interface with industry contacts, including senior executives, experts and external stakeholders, as well as relevant internal teams, such as the Programme Development team, other industry teams, etc.
• Develop and grow the Forum’s community of Partners in the professional services sector. Working with other community managers in the team and internal stakeholders, you will seek innovative ways to deliver more value for the community to attract and retain partner companies, with a view to ensuring top-quality content and relationship management that creates mutual value for the PS firms and the Forum, while keeping to the mission and non-commercial nature of the Forum.
Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, business success and an interest in global affairs
• A broad intellectual background, with a Master’s degree (MBA preferred)
• A minimum of 8-10 years of full-time professional experience, which includes one of the top strategy consulting firms
• Experience managing complex projects that require analysis, client management and strategic planning
• Comfortable presenting to senior executives, highly service-oriented and a flexible team player
• Able to take initiative and drive work largely independently
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Intellectually curious, creative and comfortable with ambiguity and an entrepreneurial environment
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English and at least one other language
Please apply online and provide us with your CV, the contact details of three references and a cover letter describing your motivations for applying for this role.