Specialist, Public Sector Operations
SPECIALIST, PUBLIC SECTOR OPERATIONS
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Public Sector Operations team manages all official communications with public figures from governments and international organizations in relation to Forum annual and regional meetings, and in collaboration with internal teams.
The Public Sector Operations Specialist will be responsible for providing a range of services to the Forum’s senior management and team leaders, including performance management, marketing and communication, administration, operations and events support. The specialist’s main focus will be improving overall quality and efficiency of the Forum’s Centre for Regional Strategies communications and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the identification, analysis, communication and tracking of CRS key performance measures
• Streamline processes, systems and tools based on needs, and recommend improvements on a continuous basis
• Support research and prepare analyses on a range of topics to improve senior staff decision-making
• Ensure that new processes are embedded through effective communication, follow-up, documentation and metrics, as appropriate
• Develop communications appropriate for policy-makers
• Manage specific project workstreams to improve operations and communications
• Support and train teams on new tools and techniques
• Handle several administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings
• Ensure appropriate flow of information with relevant teams and that communication is processed on time
• Conduct mass mailings, both electronically and hard copy
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business administration, international relations, strategy management or a similar field, and three years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the public sector.
• Robust analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong track record in project management and process implementation, with relevant IT involvement; knowledge of Salesforce a strong plus
• Open to creative approaches to problem-solving and able to synthesize a large amount of information
• Team spirit, flexible and committed to the collective output of a team project
• Fluent in English, fluency in other languages would be an asset
• Ability to work well within a team, autonomous, organized, flexible and able to handle a high-pressure environment
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.
The position is open to Swiss and EU nationals, and to holders of a valid Swiss work permit.