Community Specialist, Regional Strategies - Middle East And North Africa
COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, REGIONAL STRATEGIES – MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As part of the Centre for Regional Strategies, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) team manages relationships with governments, stimulating economic development and achieving sustained economic progress in the region. It curates the regional agenda through engagement with civil society, academia, expert communities and research organization partners in MENA countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the head of team with coordination and administration
• Prepare the agendas and takes minutes at external and internal meetings
• Conduct research on topics relevant to the region
• Support the Team’s communication strategy internally and externally, with particular focus on digital platforms
• Manage relationships with Forum stakeholders in the region (also during the Annual Meeting in Davos and the Forum’s regional meetings)
• Support colleagues on project and program development work as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
• University degree in social sciences or equivalent
• Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position
• Fluency in English and French; knowledge of Arabic a plus
• Excellent organization, planning and communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to work independently as needed
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management)
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the MENA region
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.