Information Security Manager
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Information Security Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive information security plan for the World Economic Forum. The scope of the role is broad and includes: ensuring that information created, acquired or maintained by the Forum and its authorized users is used in accordance with its intended purpose; protecting information and infrastructure from external or internal threats; and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
In addition, the successful candidate will be keen to contribute to a wide range of IT-related activities, including management of diverse projects at the Forum’s head office in Geneva and at Forum events worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the development of information security policies, standards and procedures, working with the Forum’s IT team
• Ensure that policies are in compliance with external requirements, and oversee the house-wide dissemination of policies, standards and procedures
• Develop and implement an Incident Reporting and Response System to address security breaches, respond to alleged policy violations, or complaints from external parties
• Serve as the contact point for information security and incidents, including relationships with law enforcement entities
• Coordinate the development and delivery of an information security awareness and training programme
• Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment programme targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing
• Keep abreast of the latest security and privacy legislation, technology, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities pertaining to the World Economic Forum and its mission
• Coordinate and maintain the Forum’s information security Disaster Recovery Plan, and manage and report on regular tests of the plan
Qualifications and Skills
• Advanced university degree in computer science, and at least seven years of professional experience in information security, information technology, or other related fields
• Outstanding verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
• Experience in developing and administering an information security programme is desirable
• Excellent project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people
• Motivated by tight deadlines and willing to work with complex system architecture
If you meet these requirements, are flexible and a team player, please apply online.