Community Lead, Future of the Digital Economy and Society
COMMUNITY LEAD, FUTURE OF THE DIGITAL ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The World Economic Forum has aligned its activities through a portfolio of system initiatives to accelerate progress in tackling the most significant global challenges through sustained public-private collaboration. As a principal contributor to evolution and growth in the global economy over the past decades, the internet continues to have the potential to propel societies, help business leaders develop innovative business models and help governments address legitimate policy concerns related to a networked future as long as the essential integrity of the digital ecosystem remains intact. Shaping the Future of the Digital Economy and Societyaddresses the most pertinent business and societal issues from a policy and governance perspective by establishing a platform for mutual understanding, trust and collective action.
The position holder will be expected to build networks and the engagement of the key actors from business, government, civil society and academia to leverage public-private cooperation and deliver against system objectives. They will also promote the value of Forum membership/partnership and engagement with the System Initiatives, ensuring compatibility with systems and roles therein.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Relationship management
o Act as a key account manager, working with the community of experts and other members who drive the content for the entire system platform
o Use the Forum digital platform (TopLink) to drive online interaction with all players local and global
o Together with other key account managers across the organisation, co-develop and manage the institutional relationship with companies who partner with the Forum, identifying the issues and role matches for the company and individual experts
o Work on creating a roadmap entailing the broader engagement level for each company or institution, based on specific needs and opportunities
o Lead internal and external communication for the System Initiative, coordinating with centralized communications processes and others. Ensure appropriate communication materials are developed and maintained on TopLink and other Forum-wide systems
o Provide regular updates to other key account managers
o Use social listening and analytical tools to find and contribute to the conversations related to system-related topics (social media)
o Feed findings into the digital platforms highlighting key issues
• Community development
o Work with the Forum’s Business Engagement team to create a pipeline of potential partnerships.
The Lead will also contribute to the broader team efforts as follows:
• Programme Development
o Works with internal stakeholders and project managers to contribute to development of a compelling engagement process for new Members
o Works with other Forum teams conducting complementary work
o Supports the relationship with the team responsible internally for driving the programming of Forum events
• Cross-system contribution
o Represent the System Initiative in Forum-wide and external discussions
o Drive harmonization of content and sharing of best practice across the systems
Qualifications and skills:
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Business, International Relations, or related fields
• A minimum of seven years’ work experience, with a portfolio of client-facing functions and successful relationship management. Business development experience is desirable
• Ability to build long-term, trust-based relationships with C-suite executives and other senior leaders
• Global knowledge of the issues related to the Digital Economic and Society system, including trends and drivers of change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including presentation skills; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
• Flexibility, maturity and the interpersonal and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
• Experience in working with teams based globally would be an asset