Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
G AM is one of the world’s leading independent, pure-play asset managers. It provides active investment
solutions and products for institutions, financial intermediaries and private investors, under two brands,
GAM and Julius Baer Funds. Its core investment business is complemente d by private labelling services,
which include fund administration and other support services to third-party institutions.
For our Department IT Development in Zurich we are looking to hire a
S enior Developer (m/w)
GAM requires an experienced developer to deliver for GAM’s Front Office business units.
The role requires previous experience of developing and supporting systems for multi-asset class
This is a development role, working on major applications with various technologies; however, the role
will involve work on all stages of the software life cycle.
A positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure should complement technical skills.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Development and support of portfolio management and electronic trading solutions as part of the
Front Office development team
• Working with the users where necessary to perform analysis and specification of new systems and
any required changes to existing systems
• High level and detailed design of required solutions to meet the business needs
• Provide appropriate levels of documentation
• Work within the GAM approved lifecycle
• Become an active member of a highly skilled team and be prepared to share experiences and learn
• Relevant exposure to Front Office is required particularly with buy-side systems such as ThinkFolio,
Bloomberg AIM and EZE
C#, C++, .NET, WPF, Web API, ASP.net (MVC5), SQL Server including SSRS and SSIS
• Excellent product knowledge of at least two of the following: Fixed Income, Derivatives and OTC
• Broad understanding of the capture of Market Data including Bloomberg, Markit, IDC
• Working knowledge of the FIX protocol and FIX engines
• Working knowledge of order flows supported by EMSX, TSOX, FXEM or other equivalent
• A proven track record in delivering on time
• A solid understanding of Microsoft patterns and practices and VSTS/Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Relevant mathematical, engineering or scientific degree
• Manage their workload with the minimum of supervision
• Take ownership of problems that are passed to them
• Delivery focused and able to work under pressure
• Team player
• Evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines in exceptional circumstances. All
GAM staff needs to be prepared to take part in the overnight and Bank Holiday on-call rota if required.
GAM offers attractive employment conditions, including a market oriented and performance-based salary
and flexible working hours.
Hardstrasse 201 / P.O. Box
T +41 (0)58 426 30 30
email@example.com / www.gam.com