Director - TRGR Finance Controller (maternity cover)
Director – TRGR Finance Controller (maternity cover)
ApplyApply LaterJob IDJREQ069931Date posted10/11/2016
The role of the Director – TRGR Finance Controller who primarily reports into VP, Global Compliance with secondary reporting to CFO, Enterprise Technology & Operationsis:
- Accountability for the overall financial stewardship of the TRGR legal entityhaving responsibility for understanding the key drivers affecting the financial statements and the ability to report to the TRGR Board on the financial statements and key process controls.
- Accountability for the overall financial stewardship of the Finance & Holding companies managed out of BAAR
- Accountability for related Treasury activity
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Accountability for the overall financial stewardship and oversight for TRGR, FinCo & HoldCo statutory accounts including final sign-off and preparation of the directors’ note and impairment analysis.
- Ensures the TRGR Board remains informed of the financial health of TRGR, has the appropriate materials to approve significant transactions, audited financials, and dividends on a regular basis.
- Understands, reviews and participates in forecasting transfer pricing at the legal entity level.
- Ensures TRGR receives the appropriate royalties and licensing fees it is owed from its IP and funds the expenses it is contractually responsible to pay.
- SOX signoff for TRGR transactions & cash movement
- Review of CapEx to ensure correctly assigned to TRGR
- Ad-hoc support to asset owners with queries related to TRGR financial governance activities
- Intercompany Note & Covenant review (quarterly with Chief Council)
- Decision making and execution of relevant treasury related activity
- Hold self and team accountable for continual improvement in timeliness, accuracy and efficiency of preparation of compliance deliverables.
- Must have an operational and control mindset.
- Partners within accounting organization with Controllership, External Reporting and General Accounting groups to manage workloads and ensure timely accurate delivery of results at both a local and group level.
- Works with Tax, Company Secretarial, TRGR business & other functions as required ensuring all compliance needs are met appropriately.
- Bachelor degree plus 10+ years of progressive relevant experience in a commercial financial reporting environment
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with specific experience on Swiss GAAP and Holco & Finco accounting issues
- Demonstrated experience managing the preparation of complex financial statements and experience with multiple, legacy systems
- Experience working cross functional and cross border
- Demonstrates strong leadership (i.e. decisiveness and be seen as a reliable decision-maker by others, act in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity, etc.)
- Significant supervisory experience required managing cross border teams, including experience working with a shared service environment
- Proven record as developer of talent
- Demonstrated experience leading performance improvement initiatives
- Proven record for strong relationship building both internal and external
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Extensive knowledge of various Thomson Reuters businesses and products/services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong PC skills, particularly Excel and Word
Job Profile Title: Controller Mgmt 4
Job Band: J
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
QualificationsAt Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job:Accounting & Finance Family Group
Primary Location:Switzerland-Baar-Baar-CHE-Baar-Neuhofstrasse 1
Organization:Finance - Controllership