Senior Underwriter - Customized Solutions
Senior Underwriter – Customized Solutions
Head of Customized Solutions (region Europe)
Contribute to develop a profitable and technically sound portfolio of Non-Life Customized Solutions (prospective structured solutions, retroactive reinsurance) in Europe and other regions
Area of responsibilities
Underwriting / structuring:
- Lead the transaction process, including evaluation, underwriting, structuring, pricing (in coordination with Pricing Actuaries), providing legal and financial analysis, due dilligence, negotiation and post-closing maintenance of each transaction or potential transaction.
- Continuously deepen your line of business expertise, analyse trends and market developments, in order to design new types of solutions.
Contribute to develop and execute marketing strategy for Customized Solutions:
- Identify and regularly update markets, clients, and brokers targets for Customized Solutions, together with the other relevant PartnerRe Underwriters.
- Promote internally and provide training to PartnerRe’s underwriting community for the sourcing, design and underwriting of Customized Solutions.
- Provide support to, or join other Underwriters for selected trips and meetings, in order to market and devise Customized Solutions. Monitor relationships with specific business partners.
- Maintain and develop high quality marketing tools, including description of product impacts through various financial aspects (regulatory, rating, tax, accounting…).
At least 6-7 years experience in the insurance / reinsurance sector, preferably including non-life structured reinsurance.
- Solid treaty reinsurance experience, incl. pricing, reserving, or structuring
- Knowledge of financial and legal impacts of reinsurance (solvency regulations, accounting frameworks)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong team player with ability to lead or participate in deal teams in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Self-motivated working style with a high energy level focused on finding solutions; able to produce results on-time under pressure with strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel
- University degree in a quantitative or economics subject
- Proficiency in English; other European languages are a plus
First Name *
Last Name *
Documents must be less than 2MB in size each, and the total size of all documents must not exceed 8MB. Accepted file types are .doc, .docx, .pdf, and .rtf.
Cover Letter *