Director, Mid-Europe Procurement
Director, Mid-Europe Procurement-PRO014536
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD is recruiting for a Procurement Director to provide world-class Procurement practices and strong business knowledge to the Mid-Europe Region (MER) to ensure that the function delivers the highest value to our customers.
The MER Procurement Director will be responsible for the management of all addressable Global Human Health (GHH) business spend as well as other divisions as appropriate and will ensure stewardship of the external supply base with a focus on cost, risk, compliance, and supplier innovation. Closely collaborating with relevant leaders in the Global Procurement Centers of Expertise and Global Strategy and Planning teams, you will ensure that the function is in full control and has detailed understanding of local supply markets, local business practices, laws, regulations and policies.
Work location will be Lucerne, Switzerland; travel within the region associated with the role will be approx. 40 percent.
Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure locally managed spend is sourced following key processes and ways of working including SMP, e-Procurement, SRC and EMEAC Sourcing Review. This role will have a high-level understanding of categories and ensure that all elevated spend is managed in full collaboration with the Indirect CoEs
- Ensure that all appointed suppliers from sourcing initiatives are fully implemented and managed to ensure contract compliance, spend management and performance management
- Build and manage strong working relationships with the MER leadership team, Regional Finance, local market leads, local Finance, HR and Legal
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations, internal policies and ensure that the local business is audit ready at all times; advise the business on all local market buying and contracting practices
- Ensure that plans are in place to mitigate supplier related risk and that there are zero business interruptions due to supplier failure
- Ensure that company processes as fully adhered to and systems, such as SAP, e-Procurement etc., are fully utilized
- Benchmark best practices, pricing and supplier behaviors across the local market and provide the local business with expertise on all aspects of the local supply market; interact with all key local business networks and Procurement associations
- University degree in Business, Commercial, Economics or another relevant discipline; MBA degree preferred
Required skills and experience:
- At least 7-10 years of work experience in a similar role in Procurement
- Extensive experience working in a complex international and cross-functional environment; prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry is advantageous
- Proven work experience across multiple markets and countries in Europe; familiarity with the region, multiple European markets and its regional diversity
- Strong sourcing background and functional expertise; market knowledge and experience with multiple categories and commercial indirect spend
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen; legal awareness
- Documented Project Management skills and familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts to deliver compliant supply and achieve highest quality, lowest cost and shortest lead-time
- Excellent people management skills; proven ability to lead/motivate larger teams without direct reporting line/ authority across multiple markets
- Refined leadership and teambuilding skills, with a focus on coaching and mentoring
- Proven ability to develop sustainable cooperative professional relationships on all levels of the organization
- Strong customer-focus and solution-orientation; used to manage multiple projects with changing priorities to full customer satisfaction; stress resistance
- Pronounced diplomacy with strong negotiation and influencing skills; strong cultural awareness
- Demonstrated pro-activeness, innovative mind-set and experience contributing to global programs
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Refined communication and presentation skills
- High ethical standards, being a role model of business compliance and integrity
- Fluency/full professional proficiency in English (oral/written) is a prerequisite
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Procurement Generic Job Title:Dir, Procurement
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Other Locations: EMEA-Belgium, EMEA-Czech Republic, EMEA-Netherlands, EMEA-Cyprus, EMEA-Lithuania, EMEA-Bulgaria, EMEA-Croatia, EMEA-Hungary, EMEA-Slovakia, EMEA-Slovenia, EMEA-Finland, EMEA-Romania, EMEA-Poland, EMEA-Denmark, EMEA-Sweden, EMEA-Norway, EMEA-Greece, EMEA-Austria, EMEA-Serbia
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name:MSD