Senior Automation Engineer (Europe)
Senior Automation Engineer (Europe)-MAN003665
Position can be based from any MSD Ireland site or from key MSD sites across Europe
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Location of this position is flexible across Europe. The Senior Automation Engineer (Europe) will be responsible for project management of various scale manufacturing automation projects to ensure the projects are delivered of high quality, within cost and on schedule. This includes following the project through all phases of a project life-cycle including concept, requirements, design, testing, installation, qualification and training. It will involve working closely with the customer, technical staff, other engineering groups and the management of suppliers to ensure a successful implementation.
Major Projects include automating production of key MSD products in all three areas of MSD Manufacturing:
And employing technologies including:
Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA)
Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
Process Data Management Systems
Process Data Analytics Systems
IT Integration Services
The Project Manager must also understand the business needs of our Manufacturing Division and stay abreast of new technologies to make recommendations for business improvements.
- An engineering degree or comparable engineering/ manufacturing experience.
- Experience and accomplishments in the implementation and project management of manufacturing automation/ execution systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to participate in and lead highly effective teams.
- Ability to become influential in his/her area demonstrated by suitable technical degrees and/or experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills in motivating staff and customers in the achievement of shared objectives.
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Ability to integrate diverse initiatives across systems development groups, business and client organizations, and infrastructure areas.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application systems development.
- Good project management experience in relation to scope, cost, and schedule control of large automation capital projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing or related experience is required.
- Experience with automation systems for pharmaceutical, biological or bulk-manufacturing facilities is required.
- 2+ years in automation or Information Technology is strongly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and applications systems development is required.
- Other information technology experiences a plus.
Candidates should be familiar with the application of SDLC Methodology and computer validation concepts.
Position will require on the average 50% travel globally.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Manufacturing Automation Job Title:Senior Automation Engineer (Europe)
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Carlow
Other Locations: EMEA-Belgium, EMEA-Netherlands, EMEA-Cyprus, EMEA-United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East & Africa, EMEA-Switzerland, EMEA-Croatia, EMEA-France, EMEA-Italy, EMEA-Hungary, EMEA-Slovenia, EMEA-Romania, EMEA-Sweden, EMEA-Poland, EMEA-Greece, EMEA-Austria, EMEA-Czech Republic, EMEA-Lithuania, EMEA-Spain, EMEA-Portugal, EMEA-Bulgaria, EMEA-Slovakia, EMEA-Germany, EMEA-Finland, EMEA-Denmark, EMEA-Norway, EMEA-Ireland
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Ireland - IrishJobs.ie
Company Trade Name:MSD