Principal Mechanical Engineer
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the mechanical design and the integration of elements of products up to the production maturity.
You will be integrated into a multidisciplinary team (Electronics design, Optical, Audio, Embedded Software) and will have to consider Design For Manufacturing constraints and requirements of your peers.
You will have the opportunity to express your passion for innovation. You will be subsequently proud to see the products you have been working on distributed in most consumer goods retail channels.
You are passionate about new technologies and you have a strong interest in how technology can be integrated into consumer goods.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will:
- Lead the mechanical design of new user centric products
- Work in close collaboration with Business, Design and other engineering teams
- Manage and Lead design review with x-functional teams.
- Participate in the development of user-centred research and design
- Strong knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping tools; functional product testing and data analysis using latest experimentation and quality techniques.
- Keen ability to optimise product design for cost, performance and quality.
- Work closely with key operations teams in the Far East including: Manufacturing, Key supply partners, NPI, Supplier Quality Engineering, etc
- Ability to work directly with Injection mould suppliers and review tooling and moulding conditions. up with our molding supplier and assure the quality of deliverables
- Provide support to our supplier and production line to bring the product manufacturing to a mature level
- Validate your design
- Implement engineering good practice such as DFM, parts specification, design review organization, Risk analysis tools (FMEA), tolerance analysis will be part of your daily activities.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimumskills and behaviors to our team:
- HES/EPF ME Engineer or Micro Engineer
- 10 years experience in Mechanical Engineering (ME) Product Development for high volume consumer products
- Strong Manufacturing Experience in key ME materials/processes including but not limited to Injection molding, CNC Machining, Stamping, Metal finishing processes, Plastics
- Detailed Knowledge of Plastics
- Strong Mechanical Design 3D CAD tools, ideally with CREO - ProEngineer
- Thorough design process including capturing design intent, design reviews, design simulation/analysis and problem solving techniques
- Project Management
- Strong communication skills
- FEA - Ansys or equivalent
- Skills in designing for Optical and/or Acoustic Products would be a benefit.
- Previous experience Manufacturing and Supplier collaboration in China.
- MoldFlow Analysis or similar experience.
In addition, Keybehaviors include:
- Passion for ME design
- Team Spirit
- Interest in module development / miniaturization
- Passion for new technologies
- Looking for new challenges
Small Company. Big Products.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech.