Temporary - 1 year - Mechanical Engineer
As a Mechanical engineer, you will be responsible for the mechanical design and the integration of elements of products up to the production maturity.
You will be integrated into a multidisciplinary team (Electronics design, Optical, Audio, Embedded Software) and will have to consider Design For Manufacturing (DFM) constraints and requirements of your peers.
You will have the opportunity to express your passion for innovation. You will be subsequently proud to see the products you have been working on distributed in most consumer goods retail channels.
You are passionate about new technologies and you have a strong interest in how technology can be integrated into consumer goods.
Duration: 1 year contract
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Lead the mechanical design of sub-systems integrated in future products.
- Work in close collaboration with other engineering teams.
- Participate to design review with x-functional teams.
- Participate in the development of user-centered research and design.
- Strong knowledge in rapid prototyping tools; functional product testing and data analysis using latest experimentation and quality techniques.
- Ability to optimize product design for cost, performance and quality.
- Ability to work directly with Injection mold suppliers in the Far East and review tooling and molding conditions.
- Provide support to our supplier and production line to bring the product manufacturing to a mature level.
- Validate your design.
- Implement engineering good practice such as DFM, parts specification, design review, Risk analysis tools (FMEA), tolerance analysis will be part of your daily activities.
For consideration, you must bring the followingminimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- HES/EPF ME Engineer or Micro Engineer
- 3-5 years experience in Mechanical Engineering (ME) Product Development for high volume consumer products
- Some manufacturing Experience in key ME materials/processes including but not limited to Injection molding, CNC Machining, Metal finishing processes, Plastics
- Knowledge of Plastics
- Ability to work with 3D CAD tools, ideally with CREO - ProEngineer
- Project Management
- Strong communication skills
- FEA - Ansys or equivalent
- Previous experience in Manufacturing and Supplier collaboration in China.
- MoldFlow Analysis or similar experience.
In addition,Key behaviors include:
- Passion for ME design
- Team Spirit
- Interest in module development / miniaturization
- Passion for new technologies
- Looking for new challenges
Small Company. Big Products.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech.