Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Corporate Banking Associate/Vice President, Switzerland
• To support the Senior Banker in business origination across the Citi’s product set (and targeted client acquisition)
• To take responsibility as Relationship Manager for a number of important client relationships, and originate business across Citi’s product set with these clients
• To take responsibility for the delivery of Citi network to clients and coordinate within the internal teams of local and regional bankers
• To strengthen the entirety of the client relationship by working closely with coverage partners across the ICG
• To develop good relationships with the clients
• To assist the Senior Banker and the team with financial analysis, risk assessment and analytical support
• The Corporate and Investment Banking business provides financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring) and capital-raising projects and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our bankers work closely with our other business units to ensure client access to the full range of products and expertise within the organisation.
• Our bankers are the Relationship Manager Financiers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi's vast global product platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact through which our clients utilize our extensive capabilities around the world. Through these efforts, our bankers address our client's most complex global banking needs, helping them
• The position sits within the Corporate Banking Switzerland team. The Banker will support the client business for Swiss domiciled clients across Industrials and Consumer portfolio. The role involves a significant amount of client contact both face-to-face and by phone.
• Assist in managing Swiss CIB client relationships
• Develop relationship with the clients’ head office teams as well as with key subsidiaries
• Engage daily with clients to deliver Citi’s full product set (flow and episodic) across the globe
• Develop and maintain knowledge of the developments in the core product set to explore and refer opportunities
• Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to deliver against the client agenda
• Assist the senior banker in defining the network strategy against our clients and support its execution by interacting with Citi’s network around the globe to ensure activities and origination work streams are co-ordinated across the franchise
• Assist in developing appropriate strategies and attending client meetings and presentations as appropriate in managing day to day relations.
• Provide support in origination and execution of Corporate Finance Transactions.
• Grow revenue from the portfolio of assigned relationships - having helped dimension the full opportunity
• Support the Senior Banker in Implementing calling plans to ensure business development is pursued across the client base.
• Work with Risk team to manage the individual client risk.
• Support the Senior Banker and the deal teams in business development and/or execution activities
• Supervise the daily involvement and delivery of junior bankers, and participate actively into their development path and coaching
• Analyse performance results – interpret and adapt strategy to optimise
• Exposure to Senior Management and more senior Bankers
• Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking and client relationship skills
• Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment
• Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
• Prior experience in Corporate and Investment Banking.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and how they meet client needs.
• Experience with various clients, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities.
• Credit trained, used to taking a lead role in establishing the creditworthiness of counterparties.
• Experienced at client planning and coordinating input from multiple product areas.
• Strong knowledge of Accounting and Corporate Finance
• Advanced Financial Modelling experience.
• Banking background gained from a reputable firm where you will have gained first class training and development as a banker
• Educated to degree level with a minimum grade of 2:1 (or equivalent experience)
• Degree in related discipline would be advantageous
• Swiss or EU citizen or work visa holder would be strongly preferred
• Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base
• Proactivity, identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client.
• Organizational - Managing business across a large client portfolio with diverse client teams
• Verbal and Written - Communicating the detail of complex client relationship to a broad range of internal contacts
• Understanding of bank and client tolerances and negotiate to satisfy both
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the client group, balancing client requirements and Citi’s priorities.
• Self - starter - prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
• Networking - maintaining close contact with product and risk specialists within Citi.
• Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects.
• Credit analytics and Financial Modelling experience.
• Excellent computer skills especially Excel.
• Risk assessment and valuation.
• Leadership in team oriented environment.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer