As our new software quality assurance (SQA) engineer, you work closely with Product Management, Engineering and other teams to monitor, analyze and test software during development. You will build and maintain a sophisticated and highly automated testing infrastructure, analyze test results, and ensure our product quality standards are met.
- Job title: Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
- Related job titles: Test Engineer, QA Engineer, Testing Specialist, Test Automation Engineer
- Department: Engineering
- Employment: 100%
- Employment by: Q3 2016 or upon agreement
- Skills level: 5+ years professional experience
- Location: Aarau (Switzerland), or remote
You have a deep understanding of software development and testing. You understand customer expectations and requirements equally, and that they are the best judges of product success. You advocate the end user and strive to make products better, fostering quality standards and proactively identifying issues and blockers. You understand the risks and high cost of bugs and usability flaws, and you take the necessary steps to mitigate them.
Together with engineers, you are primarily responsible for managing all automated tests that run on our automated build infrastructure, which provides nightly builds deployed onto stage or preview platforms as required and defined by you and Product Management. Based on this test automation, and a select set of other tests executed manually or within other testing suites, you know the quality and maturity of our products at all times.
You are a self-contained player who works in a multinational environment where proactivity, team-play and honesty are valued highly. You share your insights with others, and you contribute in making the Picturepark company and its products better. Not shy of asking, learning and thinking ahead, you never lose sight of delivering sustainable results.
During the first month, you will undergo extensive hands-on training, but enjoy great freedom in applying your experience for improving our testing frameworks and processes. We expect you to become fully self-reliant and integrated within a short period of time.
- Create and maintain a highly automated software testing environment based on our automated build infrastructure
- Support engineers in maintaining existing or implementing new E2E tests based on Protractor / AngularJS / Typescript, adapting these specifically to different browsers and devices
- Script test suites for automated testing of specific components or use cases, and integrate as required into build automation
- Run automated regression tests across different product versions on select customer and generic best practise software configurations
- Analyze test results and collect all necessary data, dispatching bugs to engineers for resolution and other issues to Product Management
- Perform user acceptance testing, functionality testing and regression testing
- Create, estimate and prioritize technical test plans together with the Continuous Testing Team which coordinates all testing activities across different stakeholders
- Research, select, and implement third party components to improve software quality assurance process and test automation
- Maintain awareness of our quality assurance programs, and proactively suggest improvements
- Support our Cloud Operations team in executing specific test with regard to deployment and load/stress, or help them isolate software-induced infrastructure issues
- Be part of our SCRUM teams and Agile product development process
Skills and Requirements
- At least five years of professional experience in test engineering
- Multi-years of experience in highly automated testing environments and with testing frameworks for Web and mobile
- Strong experience with Git, Jira and test automation tools like Protractor or Selenium
- Good understanding of software development and programming/scripting
- Ability to maintain and adapt E2E test to other browsers and devices, creating new E2E tests as required
- Experience with Agile Software Product Life Cycle methodologies
- Excellent English communication skills to document and report defects and other issues, and to communicate to both technical and non-technical team members
- Independent problem solving ability, perform complex duties with minimum supervision
- High level of quality awareness with regard to technical KPIs and usability, attention to details
- Conceptual thinker as well as hands-on implementer
- Self-contained, accurate and reliable working attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Preferable higher education in Computer Science or Information Technology, or similar working experience
- Openness for other cultures, a friendly mindset and patience
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Salary expectations
- Downloadableskill sheet
Direct applications are strictly preferred.
Further information about us and our solutions are available at picturepark.com.