Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, Zurich Branch ('SG CIB Zurich') is a provider of innovative solutions, advisory and capital market products, serving the needs of corporations and institutions.
Present in Switzerland since 1926, through a branch in Zurich and an agency in Geneva, we offer local expertise backed by the Group's financial strength. We provide a full range of services to our clients, namely in the following areas:
Equity Derivatives; Cash Equity and Research; Global Banking Services; Trade Finance; Securities Services Cash Management; Trade Services
Our clients are international groups operating in various industries such as finance, insurance, utilities, energy and many more.
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking Zurich delivers local expertise backed by size and strength of the Société Générale Group, which is one of the largest financial services groups in the euro-zone. The Group employs 163,000 people worldwide in three key businesses:
Retail Banking & Financial Services: Société Générale serves about 19 million individual customers worldwide.
Global Investment Management & Services: Société Générale is one of the largest banks in the euro-zone in terms of assets under custody and under management
Corporate & Investment Banking: SG CIB ranks among the leading banks worldwide in euro capital markets, derivatives and structured finance.
• Support the activities of the regulatory team to ensure that all funds registered, listed and distributed in Switzerland are in compliance with the applicable law and the relevant guidelines of the Swiss Funds and Asset Management Association (SFAMA); preparation of the applications for submission to the authorities. Contribution to listing requests and mandatory publications; autonomous management of applications (modification of the funds’ documentation, new registration, mergers, liquidations, etc.); coordination of the documents, verification of Swiss mandatory contents.
• Check of marketing materials in accordance with the Swiss requirements and the self-regulatory rules
• Monitor and ensure the publication requirements of the legal documents
• Management of the timelines with the respect of the deadlines
• Appropriate communication with clients and counterparts
• General administrative work