The HR business Partner (HRBP) is an experienced HR professional, who has a broad experience in various HR areas of expertise. The HRBP builds a valuable relationship with internal clients and transfers requests and solutions to/from the business unit. The value added of the HRBP is in deep knowledge of their assigned business group, key employees and business processes. As such, the HRBP works autonomously with their assigned business group within the framework of the applicable policies and delegation rules.
The HRBP is responsible for the management and development of human capital for a specific population of the Business, i.e. front office business lines or support functions. The HRBP is a member of the management team of their assigned business group and actively supports discussions and transfers best practices from different functions in the organization. The HRBP takes over the leadership in the people management area and acts as the facilitator for the management team of their assigned business group.
The HRBP works in close cooperation with the HR Middle Office Team, the off-shored employee contact center (MyHR), the Recruitment team and other Specialist Team (e.g. Compensation & Benefits) and the HRBPs in the other business lines/regions.
• Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in their assigned business group.
• Responsible for the operational implementation/delivery of the global HR strategy/processes and their roll outs to their assigned business group.
• Provide advice and guidance in relation to people issues in their assigned business group. As such, lead and manage the people management related agenda for their assigned business group.
• Advise managers on strategic HR planning matters (anticipating profiles and skills to support business needs). Help Management to identify talents and key resources in their assigned business group. Work with Business to ensure each key employee has a formalized personal development plan set in their annual objectives.
• Provide training and development to managers in all aspects of performance management in accordance with PTD.
• Conduct regular career interviews and atmosphere reviews. Advise and support employees with regard to internal career management.
• Identify and prepare development plans for the key employees and high potential employees and identify employees ready for promotion and rotate best talents across different functions in the organization.
• Together with the management of their assigned business group, be involved in drawing up staffing plans (additional/replacement hires). Is responsible for their implementation, giving insight on appropriate time frames, targeted profiles, sourcing channels and any other relevant HR related issues in partnership with the Recruitment Specialist/Team.
• Be the “gatekeeper” for the recruitment process and associated internal policy, including, but not limited to, sourcing channels, external providers selection, compensation rules and contractual provisions.
• Provide Career Management and Mobility advice to managers on strategic HR planning matters (anticipating profiles and skills to support business needs). Ensure that the international mobility policy is applied consistently.
• Coordinate international assignments in partnership with the specialist International Assignment. Encourage use of the Mobility Charter and ensure that the international mobility policy is applied consistently.
• Support managers to prevent unnecessary redundancies by anticipating short and long term business needs and manage any restructuring and redundancies as appropriate.
• Be proactively involved in Exit Management by conducting exit interviews and gather, compile and analyze data retrieved from exit interviews - supply back to Managers to identify trends/risks.
• Develop and train managers in all aspects of managing poor performance.
• Support the Business in mitigating legal risks in conjunction with grievance/disciplinary/redundancy processes. As such, lead employee relations cases, including rationalization/redundancy plans and individual terminations when required.
• Provide support and guidance in Compensation matters by delivering regular market intelligence to managers. Advise and challenge management during Compensation reviews.
• Work with the C&B Team to build comprehensive C&B packages for recruitment, mobility and retention
• Coordinate annual compensation review for their assigned business group with the C&B Team.
• Ensure that all compensation decisions taken by business are as per HR Group and C&B rules and practices.
• On some occasions, may be required to contribute to or run transversal projects.