(Senior) Software Engineer Visual Frontend (f/m)
Holidaycheck AG is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 7 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 650,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
Do you also support our values? Are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then join us at one of our locations!
- Implement new UX-features, components and widgets for all device types and viewports
- Co-Own and maintain structure, styles and all assets of our comprehensive catalog of web components
- Optimize existing, and apply new designs while ensuring consistent look and feel
- Help product owners to write great, really concise user stories that yield in fantastic look & feel
- Drive towards continuous deployment of UX components and swift implementation of design improvements
- True mastery of HTML5/ CSS3 on desktop, tablet and phone devices
- Proficient with CSS using preprocessors and tools like LESS, SASS or Stylus, Compass
- Experience with multiple of: Bower, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, React.js, Flux, Node.js, Karma, Mocha, Selenium, PhantomJS, Browserstack, Saucelabs, Mocha, Chai, jsdom, Supertest, Sinon, Istanbul, ...
- Efficient user of tools like Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Muse, Fireworks
- Very good conversational skills in English are mandatory, German or Polish is a plus
- A big plus: Experienced with test driven web development and continuous delivery & some experience with React.js + Flux
- Really good eye for sleek design, cleanliness and consistency
- Understands users and works steadily to provide them with exemplary user experience
- Able to comprehend and deal with large and complex web projects
- Can focus on deliverables and small increments but also not afraid of huge changes
- True agilist, pair programmer and continuous improver
- Non-religious about specific frameworks, languages or tools