(Senior) Consultant - Banking
Capco’s Banking practice focuses on the key areas of: Business Economics; Cards & Payments; Commercial Banking; Consumer Lending; Risk Management; Trade Finance/Supply Chain Finance; Retail Banking; Multi-Channel Marketing & Distribution; and Wealth & Investment Management. We help design and implement strategic products and services that deliver value. Our projects span the full consulting life cycle from strategy to implementation.
Working at Capco will give you the chance to help solve significant business issues and transform the world’s most innovative financial services organizations during a period of sweeping industry change.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can excel in a fluid environment and who are excited about challenging projects, exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We seek talented individuals who are able to think on their feet and offer unique perspectives as well as develop innovative solutions for our clients.
Candidates must have experience working as a management consultant (strategy work, change management, transformation projects, business case development, process mapping, process improvement, lifecycle of project implementation, requirements gathering, competitive assessment, etc.) within the financial services industry.
The role will be dependent on experience but, at all levels, responsibilities will include typical consulting activities:
- Deliver specific projects on client site individually and as part of Capco and client teams
- Business transformation, business analysis and/or project/program management
- Participate as a member or lead a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, including: scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing and go live
- Engage with clients to deliver practical solutions; and/or
- Project management, budget management and client billing
- Proposition and solution development
Sales and Marketing
- Client proposal development and sales support;
- Client presentations;
- Contribute your points of view through blogging, white papers and other thought leadership; and/or
- Participate in development of new business opportunities: conduct market/client research and industry analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. An advance degree is desirable
- Minimum 3 years of overall experience in financial services management consulting
- Well-defined management consulting experience, including Project Management and/or Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Systems Developed Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Specific solution-based experience in business or corporate banking, including one or more of the following: Business Economics; Cards & Payments; Commercial Banking; Consumer Lending; Risk Management; Trade Finance/Supply Chain Finance; Retail Banking; Multi-Channel Marketing & Distribution; and Wealth & Investment Management
- Business Transformation
- Experience in middle and back office process as well as front office performance management
- Ability to travel is required
Consulting Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to discuss complex ideas and develop project deliverables and participating in workshops with C-level executives
- Ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way
- Ability to articulate the value proposition and the business impact of technology transformation
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Ability to work in cross-organizational situations
- Strong quality orientation
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to work independently and as an effective team member with client groups, taking on whatever role is necessary to achieve business objectives and enhance client relationships
- Solid Business Analyst and/or Program/Project Management skills, including experience interviewing client executives to gather and document business requirements, process mapping, etc.
- Experience participating as a member of a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live
- Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation based on captured requirements and information gathered from stakeholders/subject matter experts
- Strong experience documenting technology requirements, requirement analysis tools/methodologies (e.g., RUP, UML)
- Strong presentation skills, extensive experience writing successful project proposals, experience planning and execution related projects, and demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of process reengineering methodologies and process flowcharting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively; and communicate current status and tasks to management
- Ability to quickly learn new subjects and absorb new information and methodologies in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to determine proper course or methodology without direction or supervision
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.