Capco’s Capital Markets practice offers solutions that help investment banks, brokerage firms and trading exchanges meet regulatory requirements and exploit the considerable opportunities that change brings. Because we work exclusively in financial services, we understand the pressures, demands and business issues that our capital markets clients face. These include continued focus on risk management, including credit, counterparty, market and operational, as well as data management to better understand exposure and make more informed decisions.
Capco, A Great Place to Work® 2013 Best Small & Medium Workplaces and a Consulting Magazine “Best Firms to Work For” 2013, is experiencing positive growth and we are in the midst of identifying and hiring talent.
We work side-by-side with our clients to develop innovative solutions and delivery models to meet their specific needs. Our professionals have deep industry experience in all aspects of capital markets’ products, including fixed income, currencies, commodities, equities, derivatives, futures and options.
Working at Capco will give you the chance to help solve significant business issues and transform the world’s most innovative financial services organizations during a period of sweeping industry change. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can excel in a fluid environment and who are excited about challenging projects, exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We seek talented individuals who are able to think on their feet and offer unique perspectives as well as develop innovative solutions for our clients.
Candidates must have experience working as a management consultant (strategy work, change management, transformation projects, business case development, process mapping, process improvement, lifecycle of project implementation, requirements gathering, competitive assessment, etc.) within the financial services industry. In addition, she/he should have experience with one or more of the following: Product Control, Prime Brokerage, Hedge Fund Operations, Investment Management, Risk Management, Securities Lending, Transaction Processing, Data Management, and/or process improvement.
The role will be dependent on experience but, at all levels, responsibilities will include typical consulting activities:
- Deliver specific projects on client site individually and as part of Capco and client teams;
- Business transformation, business analysis and/or project/program management
- Participate as a member or lead a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, including: scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing and go live
- Engage with clients to deliver practical solutions; and/or
- Project management, budget management and client billing
Sales and Marketing
- Proposition and solution development
- Client proposal development and sales support;
- Client presentations;
- Contribute your points of view through blogging, white papers and other thought leadership; and/or
- Participate in development of new business opportunities: conduct market/client research and industry analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. An advanced degree is desirable
- Minimum 3 years of overall experience in financial services management consulting
- Well-defined management consulting experience, including Project Management and/or Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Money Markets; Currencies and FX; Fixed Income; Asset Backed Securities (MBS, CDO, etc.); Equities; Futures; Options; Commodities, Derivatives (Credit and/or Rate)
- Capital Markets background with experience in the following areas
- Transaction Lifecycle Process Improvement
- Front Office (sales, order management, pre-trade compliance and analytics, trading, securities lending)
- Middle Office Operations (allocations, trade configuration and enrichment, post-trade compliance, risk management, regulatory compliance and control, performance calculations, attribution services)
- Back Office (trade operations, transfer agency, clearance and settlement processing, asset servicing, custody, client reporting, BCM/infrastructure)
- Business Transformation
- Ability to travel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to discuss complex ideas and develop project deliverables and participating in workshops with C-level executives
- Ability to think, write and present in a logical and structured way Ability to articulate the value proposition and the business impact of technology transformation
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Ability to work in cross-organizational situations
- Strong quality orientation
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to work independently and as an effective team member with client groups, taking on whatever role is necessary to achieve business objectives and enhance client relationships
Consulting Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio
- Trading Platforms: Murex, Calypso, Summit, Wall St.
- Brokerage Back Office: ADP, Sungard, Beta
- Other industry tools: Workflow—Lombardi
- Solid Business Analyst and/or Program/Project Management skills, including experience interviewing client executives to gather and document business requirements, process mapping, etc.
- Experience participating as a member of a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live
- Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation based on captured requirements and information gathered from stakeholders/subject matter experts
- Strong experience documenting technology requirements, requirement analysis tools/methodologies (e.g., RUP, UML)
- Strong presentation skills, extensive experience writing successful project proposals, experience planning and execution related projects, and demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of process reengineering methodologies and process flowcharting
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task effectively; and communicate current status and tasks to management
- Ability to quickly learn new subjects and absorb new information and methodologies in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to determine proper course or methodology without direction or supervision