Our client is a niche, globally active private bank offering traditional Wealth Management and specialised Investment Services to Swiss and overseas High Net Worth Clients. With an established presence in Zurich and Geneva, our client is enjoying a period of growth, they have an opening for a
HEAD ACCOUNTING & CONTROLLING (BANKING)
The Team Leader role manages and leads a small team of accountants, being responsible for the accounting and controlling responsibilities of the banks and reports direct to the CFO.
Build relationships: with branches abroad, external auditors, regulators and tax authorities.
Managing and responsible for the day-to-day running of the team, supervisor and mentoring of a young team of accountants. Responsible for preparing the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, monthly management information:
- Participating in the preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closing for IBSAG and the Group
- Reviewing the Management reporting for the Head office, variance analysis, ad-hoc reports
- Planning, review and quality control of the preparation of annual report as well as the annual and interim external audit
- Review and oversight of all entries booked into the General Ledger
- Review and oversight of control points, reconciliations and exceptions reports.
- Review of all tax returns completed by Finance e.g. the federal and cantonal tax, Swiss WHT, VAT returns and reconciliations as well as preparation of tax accruals
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and comparison of actuals / forecasts / budgets
- Coordination and collaboration in various projects
- General finance related administration duties
Regulatory Reporting: Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end regulatory reporting requirements.
- Review of submission of all regulatory reporting and statistics to SNB, FINMA, EBA (European Banking Authority), etc.
- At least a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar banking accounting / controlling role
- Accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) - Excellent knowledge of Swiss (CH GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- A number of years of leadership experience is a must
- Fluent English (German an advantage)
- Excellent analytical skills (Excel-based)
- Up to date on account rules and financial regulations
- Good management and leadership skills of small team, also integrity with high ethical standards
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines and strong attention to detail and ability to focus and prioritise workload
- Flexible, committed, with a pro-active & "can do" attitude
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Contributes effectively to teams
- Works and adapts within a highly dynamic, international and growing environment
If this fantastic opportunity interests you and fit your future goals, then we would like to hear from you. Please contact Simon Portalski for further information and send your CV and a brief introduction email.