Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Finance & Accounting Project Manager - Zug
About our client:
Our client is an international lifesciences firm listed on the UK stock exchange with revenues in excess of 4bn GBP. For the international operations centre in Zug we have been exclusively mandated to identify a talented Finance professional with project management experience to deliver a range of initiatives. This is an exciting role with excellent career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for overseeing and executing projects. You will work within a specialist Controller team who provide local entities with support in ensuring their adherence with finance, accounting and compliance policies, procedures, and regulations. You will plan, direct and deliver projects whilst working with various stakeholders to ensure alignment with other business functions. Your projects will focus mostly on finance, accounting, and compliance issues.
• Providing clarity on operational responsibilities and accountability for various financial processes
• Localise group policies for their European application and establish responsibility and accountant ability for various processes and tasks
• Act as a SPOC for the European controllers, group accounting, and project managers for questions relating to finance processes, policies, and accounting
• Advise the Leadership and other business executives on the status of projects, focussing on the impact to the region covered by the Swiss Principal setup
• Develop working processes and related procedures and working instructions to guide finance and accounting teams in execution
• Assessment, analysis, and evaluation of issues; making decisions with stakeholders to resolve problems
• Support your colleagues with the definition of business challenges into actionable items
• Ensure processes align with the internal controls, specifically SOX requirements, and overall company policies
• Operate independently, drive processes, identify and implement process improvements, establish and adjust your priorities to achieve objectives and operate overall with speed and agility
• Represent your Controller colleagues on special task forces, cross functional teams, and working groups
• Analyse transactions to understand accounting and propose correcting entries as necessary to ensure compliance with US GAAP and corporate accounting guidance
• 8-10 years of experience, preferably with a classic big 4 external audit background followed by either external or internal accounting advisory project management work
• Bachelor Degree in Finance & Accounting (or similar). MBA desirable
• Chartered Accountancy qualification
• Project Management certification (PRINCE2, PMP, or equivalent) desirable
• Business / financial environment area of expertise is essential
• Lifesciences experience desirable
• A strong business acumen and the ability to manage teams, multiple projects, and build solid business partnerships
• Organised, analytical, and able to operationalise complex topics
• Proficiency in influencing cross-functional stakeholders
• Experience with US GAAP and SOX , with additional accounting principles being preferred
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
• Familiarity with project management frameworks and their application
• Experience of influencing indirect resources
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Consultant: Recruitment Manager
Die Nordwand Group AG mit Firmensitz in Zürich, Schweiz ist spezialisiert auf die Vermittlung von IT-Stellen und Finanzstellen auf permanenter, contracting und temporärer Basis. Zudem bieten wir Executive Search Services für eine Vielzahl von Funktionen und Branchen.
Mehr über Nordwand Group