Global Strategic Sourcing Leader
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in the Basel area, is looking for a Global Strategic Sourcing Leader.
- Lead and oversee Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and Flexible Resourcing sourcing operations and strategy
- Lead and provide oversight of sourcing alliances
- Ensure standardization compliance across global sourcing strategy platforms for FSP, flexible resourcing, Clinical Research Organization (CRO) services and all other clinical outsourcing services.
- Senior representation of GSS at governance meetings
- Lead, develop and implement efficiency initiatives within a global cross functional environment while collaborating with senior management
- Oversight and management of GSS metric reporting to support the company’s benchmarking and GSS performance management
- Negotiate complex contracts, master services and enterprise agreements to ensure business and financial risk mitigation while ensuring high value and quality through collaboration with finance, legal and other relevant functional areas
- Identify and manage CROs, central laboratories and technical External Service Providers (ESPs) to provide strategic sourcing options for successful trial delivery and to ensure the delivery of quality, timely and cost-effective external resources to support global activities
- Drive the development, negotiation and timely execution of confidentiality agreements and ESP contracts, ensuring a quality, risk averse, cost effective outcome through collaboration with study teams, finance, legal and other relevant functional areas
- Functional line management and development of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in life sciences or related field
- At least 7 years experience in clinical research with a CRO, pharmaceutical company or equivalent
- At least 3 years functional line management experience in a multi-cultural sourcing environment inclusive of mentorship and training experience
- At least 5 years experience in clinical outsourcing, strategic sourcing, contractor management and ESP management. Additional experience in implementation and management of multi-service FSPs, Business Process Outsourcing (BPOs) and enterprise solutions
- At least 2 years global alliance management experience, consisting of development and leadership of global resourcing strategy management platforms inclusive of FSP, flexible resources, BPOs etc, providing governance, performance and category management expertise
- Advanced understanding of the clinical development process, provider selection, cost drivers, innovative resourcing and costing models
- Advanced experience in negotiation and implementation of Master Services Agreements inclusive of enterprise solutions, discount and incentive models
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, decision making and collaborative skills, ability to successfully interact with senior management and drive business decisions and strategy across functional areas
- Advanced knowledge of principles of corporate governance, sourcing business and compliance practices, processes and requirements
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and project management experience
- Conflict management experience with ability to effect efficient and sustained issue resolution with internal and external customers
- Excellent presentation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
If you are interested in this position and match the above skill set, I look forward to receiving your application through this website.
Please check that your qualifications and experience match the vacancy and that you fill the required criteria. After you have submitted this application form with a current CV, we will endeavour to contact you as soon as we can.
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format. We are unable to accept CVs submitted in alternative formats.
How did you learn about this job?<"> A job board (jobs.ch, Indeed)Facebook or Google PlusLinkedIn / XingFrom a friend/colleagueGoogle searchIndustry EventOther