Substation Automation Commissioning Engineer
Substation Automation Commissioning Engineer, Switzerland/Global – Contract position
For one of our clients in the industry sector in Switzerland we are currently looking for a Substation Automation Commissioning Engineer.
- Perform on-site commissioning activities for Substation Automation
- Perform system configuration, establish communication with the server, configuration of data concentrator and HMI and IO count signals
- Signal verification and testing of IED, BCU, RTU as per SCADA database IOs
- Develop the bay, station level interlock
- Engineering and commissioning of MicroSCADA, RTU and IEDs, switch configuration, firewall / router configuration for new and live substations
- Ensure the correct functionality of the systems / devices in accordance with the specifications and the scope
- Conduct acceptance test and hand over the systems / devices to the customer
- Proactive coordination and reporting with the project management (technical, organisational and financial)
- Active support for the project manager related to costs, resources, time schedules
- Local contact for customers, consultants, main contractors, local contractors
- Coordination with site manager for interface with other equipment (primary, auxiliary systems etc.)
- Presence during meetings with customer if required
- Supervision of safety regulations on site as per OHS safety instruction and policy
- Reporting – test protocols, daily commissioning logs, progress reports, etc.
- Maintain documentation timely
- Min. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Systems
- Min. of 2 years’ experience in the field of SCADA (or better substation Automation) commissioning
- Preferably having worked with MicroSCADA and IET600 (Engineering tool)
- Fluent command of English, and basic German; any other language will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel on sites in any country in Africa and Middle-East
- Software knowledge for reporting
- Excellent problem solving, communication, customer service and negotiation skills
- Determination and perseverance as well as the capacity to deal with setbacks in a professional manner
Please check that your qualifications and experience match the vacancy and that you fill the required criteria. After you have submitted this application form with a current CV, we will endeavour to contact you as soon as we can.
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format. We are unable to accept CVs submitted in alternative formats.
How did you learn about this job?<"> A job board (jobs.ch, Indeed)Facebook or Google PlusLinkedIn / XingFrom a friend/colleagueGoogle searchIndustry EventOther