Material Scientist (m/f)
Job Code :6911
Exemption :N/A (International)
Location :Basel, Basel - CH 4057
Offer Relocation :Yes
Job Description :
To support our Technology team within the Advanced Materials division, we are looking for a Material Scientist.
The position is a full time contract at our Advanced Materials European HQ in Basel, CH.As Material Scientist you will :
- Supervise testing of plastics and composites, mainly in mechanical but also physical testing areas
- Supervise preparation of specimens and ensure their tests following manufacturing processes (diamond saw, milling machine and water jet cutting machine)
- Propose and implement new material testing methods
- Provide support as material characterization expert to internal customers (e.g. Technology, Marketing, etc.) and other Huntsman sites in projects related to R&D and commercial products/samples
- Provide technical guidance to more junior associates
- Ensure accurate documentation of test results according to Huntsman certifications
- Update the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and the Technology database with technical properties
- Ensure that all activities are in line with Environment, Health and Safety principles,
- Ethics & Compliance and International Trade Compliance guidelines
- PhD or Master degree in Material Science and/or physical measurement and engineering in polymer and composites materials
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a technical field with focus on
mechanical and/or physical testing, ideally in the characterization of composite materials
- Strong understanding of the relationship between the material structure (formulation) and the resulting properties (mechanical, physical)
- High qualification in manual work (preparation of testing samples, maintenance of machines…)
- Accountable, reliable and efficient team worker with good communication skills
- Good knowledge in metrology and computer programming skills (MS Office, VBA…)
- Effective oral and written English skills, any other language is an asset
If you are interested in this career opportunity and would like to shape our and your future, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of
differentiated chemicals with 2013 revenues of approximately $13 billion including the acquisition of Rockwood’s performance additives and TiO2 businesses. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 100 manufacturing and R&D facilities in more than 30 countries and employ approximately 15,000 associates within our 5 distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.
Any personal data that you provide to Huntsman International LLC, its subsidiaries or its affiliates (together, "Huntsman") as part of the online recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment (including any sensitive personal data) will be handled according to Huntsman's Notice about the Processing of Personal Data of Applicants, which is located on the Company's privacy page at www.Huntsman.com
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job? *
--51job.comCampus Recruitment / JobfairFacebookHRWorks.comHuntsman Web Site - www.huntsman.com/careersIndeed.comIntranet Application (Internal company I-link)Jobcn.comJob FairJobsdb.comJobstreet.comJobtopgun.comLinkedInMonster.comNationejob.comNaukri.comOtherOther Job BoardReferral - By Huntsman AssociateRSS FeedSearch Agency/HeadhunterTwitterVietnamworks.comZhaopin.comGlassdoor
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)