Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Product Manager (m/f)
Date Posted:24/Oct/16Requisition:2068234Job Title:Product Manager (m/f)Description:Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent Technologies is the leading company in liquid chromatography. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
With approximately 800 employees, Waldbronn is one of the company's largest locations. In Waldbronn, Agilent Technologies develops, manufactures and markets leading complete analytical science solutions based on liquid chromatography, electrophoresis and microfluidics. Together with our other Agilent locations in Böblingen, Munich, Frankfurt and Ratingen, the company employs around 1,000 employees in Germany.
To strengthen our position in the analytical instrument market the LC marketing team is in need for a product manager to complement the team.
We are looking for a person who is able to apply his / her professional knowledge about chromatography in an inspiring marketing environment to launch and represent new (U)HPLC solutions successfully. The position requires relocation to the Karlsruhe area in South West Germany.
• You are familiar with state-of-the-art analytical lab techniques
• You understand chemical or biotechnological processes and corresponding analytical techniques for process monitoring and control
• You enjoy to investigate the practical value of new technology and (U)HPLC system worldwide and make up for a difference.
• You will work with customers, R&D engineers and application chemists to lead the definition and development of new products from a marketing perspective
• You investigate the performance of existing LC solutions and compare to new instrumentation for liquid chromatography
• You conduct competitive analysis of products to determine product positioning and identify customer needs
• You analyze market trends and opportunities in order to understand customer business issues and solution requirements within a targeted market segment to help plan our future product developments,
• You communicate and interact with market-focused marketing and sales teams covering specific target markets and customers around the globe
• You work together with marketing communication professionals to provide input for campaigns, brochures, videos, webpages, articles and webinars.
• You travel the world to present our solutions and educate both customers as well as the Agilent sales teams
• you achieved a Master Degree or University Degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related subject
• you have 7+ years relevant experience in separation science (focus LC or LC/MS), chemical or pharmaceutical industry or worked with an instrument vendor with focus on LC.
• you have multi-year practical and theoretical experience in liquid chromatography and analytical chemistry
• you have professional knowledge about chemical or biotechnological processes and especially gained knowledge about reaction control and monitoring of these processes
• you have a strong customer focus and the capability to include customer requirements into the development of new technology
• you have proven your ability to work successfully in cross-functional, international teams
• you have taken effective leadership in projects or product management
• you have distinguished oral and writing communication skills. You are fluent in English. Your presentation skills are excellent and you are comfortable presenting also to a high level audience
• you exhibit a self-motivated, pro-active and highly organized working style. You are willing to go for the extra mile.
• you are experienced in writing scientific and project documentation. You are proficient in MS Office tools
• you are willing to travel internationally to represent our solutions
• you are an excellent team player and enjoy to work in a cross-functional team
We prefer that
• You have gained several years of application experience with (U)HPLC (in hyphenation to MS) for the analysis of small and/or large (bio)molecules
• You worked in an industrial production environment and gained in depth practical experience with reactors to produce compounds
• You have earned post-graduate experience in industry or contract research
• You have spent some time in your career outside Europe
• You have gained experience in selling in a business to business environment or marketing of technical products to scientists
• You have demonstrated marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success
• Since this position is located in Waldbronn, German language skills are beneficial
• Training and development opportunities
• A commitment to work/life balance
• Total Compensation Package including medical and dental benefits, retirement programs and more
• A company with values around innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability
• The diversity of cultural and individual perspectives held by our employees and their commitment to inclusion
Business:Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group
Job Sub-Category:Product Marketing
Country or Area:State/Province:Town/City:Shift:Day Job
Travel Required:Yes, 25% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only):Not applicable