CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER (M/F) ORPHAN DISEASES
The International Service Group (www.isg.com) is one of the leading recruitment companies world-wide and is currently running global business operations in 43 office-locations and with a number of approx. 650 employees (consultants and reserachers). As an "All-in-One"- service-provider the ISG-group is offering its service portfolio in the following areas: Recruiting und Executive Search, Development & Training, Diagnostic Services and Outplacement.
With the new Global Competence Center, the ***ISG-Healthworld***
the ISG-Group has recently opened the gates for its global Health Care clients. ISG-Healthworld is a completely unique Competence Center where the ISG-Group is servicing its global and international clients within the allied Heath Care sectors and related Health Care Sub-Industries.
Our customer as a privately owned company, was one of the first companies to enter the sector of rare diseases in Europe and to this day, continues to be a trailblazer in the field of Orphan Diseases. As a specialist in Orphan Diseases, our customer researches, develops, produces, and distributes innovative solutions in the following therapeutic areas: hematology and oncology, cardiology and pulmonology, neurology and psychiatry, and metabolic diseases. Today our customer is active at an international scale with an export ratio of about 70% and has become a leading company in its home branch.
Our client's employees and experts do work closely with leading health care professionals at an international level. This has given them the ability to react quickly to needs and developments and to push research and development projects. When implementing these projects, our customer has a worldwide network of highly qualified partners that it can reach out to. These strategic alliances make sure that today our client's organization is renowned as one of Europe’s leading suppliers in the field of Orphan Diseases, where economic success and personal commitment go hand in hand.
In the name of our global customer we are currently looking for a very responsible international candidate to fill a very unique and centrally important position as a:
Global Headquarter Position:CHIEF OF COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS (M/F) ORPHAN DRUGS / RARE DISEASE MARKET Member of the Executive Management Team
Requirements, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and execution of a commercial strategy to help ensure the long term success of the company.
- Build a commercial infrastructure and organization in order to achieve revenue and territorial expansion plans of the company.
- Ensure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet the strategic commercial objectives.
- Take a global perspective on market opportunities and lead/contribute to the assessment & decision making and prioritization of opportunities.
- Delivers Strategic Leadership to above and in country operations to strive for an achieve stretching goals of growth and profitability.
- Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization and maintain line of sight of strategic goals.
- Management, coaching, feedback and target-setting of all direct reports in order to achieve business goals.
- Instils culture of feedback & collaboration/teamwork within the commercial department of the company.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his/her Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop long term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Assigns and allocates resources to achieve specific business results.
- Create a climate which attracts top performers.
- Accountable for interviewing, hiring, training, developing, goal and objective setting, appraising.
- Performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
- P&L accountability for Commercial Organization (Above Country and Country).
- Accountable for creating robust sales & EBR projections for Annual budget planning and best estimate reviews.
- Accountable for providing country guidance & assessing appropriate resource allocation in countries (€ and FTE) to support brands.
- Works in collaboration with CEO & CFO regarding financial development/planning of company.
- Strategic Oversight of Commercial Operations/Reporting.
- Accountable for ensuring robust lifecycle plans are developed and implemented.
- Emphasis on patient acquisition for long term profitable growth.
- Accountable for the Market Access function to ensure that pricing and reimbursement plans optimize product value.
- Accountable for the development of country strategic& tactical plans (short, mid, long).
- Inputs into Business Development Agenda.
- Accountable for the oversight & interpretation of monthly, quarterly and yearly performance reports and best estimates as required.
- will align the commercial department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment towards the the company's corporate mission.
- Create professional contacts with KOLs, Patient Support Groups and other healthcare organizations to ensure good two-way communications & inputs to the company's corporate strategies.
- Create positive and synergistic relationships with partners for distribution, licensing and development.
- Contribute to Strategic Direction of the corporate organization as a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Development and implementation of effective BU/brand communication processes above and within countries.
- Handle/Contribute special assignments, do in depth analysis, follow up on various projects and work closely in concert with all members of the Executive Management Team.
- Compliance with all corporate SOPs /guidelines as well as adhering to Industry standards, legal and regulatory standards – and incorporation of all compliance guidelines into daily work of the BU.
Education and professional skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management.
- Post graduate education, e.g. a MBA Certificate, is a plus.
- More than 25 years of demonstrated experience in the healthcare sector.
- Geographical coverage predominantly in international areas – EU, CEE, CIS.
- Well organized, detail oriented, multi-tasking capability.
- International, multi-cultural mindset.
- Strategic visionary and operational business leader in one person!
- Experienced leader knowing about corporate Headquarter structures but also with Hands-on mentality.
- Prior experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- ERP experiences.
- Ability to fully communicate using English (fluent in spoken and written).
- German language skills are beneficial. At least the willingness to learn German language.
General Working conditions:
- The position is a headquarter-based role in Vienna, Austria.
- Frequent Traveling throughout the EMEA-region is an absulute requisite.
Our company client is offering a gross annual salary to the amount of € 217.000.- in total per annum, depending on education and experience (a Bonus of approx. 20% upon 100% target-achievement is here included).
If this job-posting with the Reference Number 62.607
sounds interesting to you, we would invite you to apply directly over our career-platform ISG-Careers Portalor per e-Mail. Please also visit our Global Competence-Center the ***ISG-Healthworld*** under: www.ISG-Healthworld.com
<> - Here you can find our daily job assignments within the global Health Care sector.
ISG Healthworld -
Member of International Service Group
A-1190 Vienna, Mooslackengasse 17
Mag. (FH) Elmar Scheuba, M: +43 664 140 13 18