Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
SENIOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER GLOBAL OPERATIONS
Based in Geneva (HQ), Singapore and Bangalore, operating in more than 30 countries, PSiDEO provides a wide range of premium outsourced IT services to global customers and develops business software solutions for targeted vertical markets
Our core activities are:
- Delivering IT as a Service by providing an all-in-one package that includes hardware, software and IT services at a fixed price per user per month: NGIT-Managed Services
- Managing IT infrastructures at the cutting edge of technology – Adaptive Outsourcing: Audit, consulting, design, implementation, maintenance, training, strategic outsourcing of IT operations (including IT dpt management roles)
- Publishing software, among which our leading product B-Com Community and Event Management platform(10+ years of development, more than 1’000 tables, largely more than 5Mio lines of code, 2-4 major and highly innovative releases a year, 20-40 minor releases a year).
Our IT infrastructure department in Bangalore will be composed of two teams:
1) System engineering:The system engineering team serves our local clients and closely works with the extended system engineering teams in Switzerland and Singapore ensuring “end to end" involvement in global PSiDEO and clients’ infrastructure integration and management.
2) Monitoring:Our monitoring and troubleshooting / incident resolution team monitors PSiDEO and clients ‘IT operations worldwide via monitoring systems and ensures remote resolution or escalation to the India, Switzerland and Singapore IT teams. This team is as well in charge of the evolution of the monitoring platform for PSiDEO internal usage and sold as NGIT accelerator.
Today, we are looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer Global Operations to join our team in Bangalore
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to recruit and leading the Monitoring team to ensure efficient and smooth delivery of services 24/7.
As an engineering company, we value technological skills more than management skills and have our management only composed of technical experts willing to continue to have hands-on technical contributions. In this context, management role proposed means:
- Strong technical leadership
- Selection and recruitment, training and management of team members
- Planning, dispatching and follow up on tasks and projects of team members
- Implementing and developing a culture of continuous improvement within the teams
Monitoring and resolution:
- Monitoring PSiDEO and clients ‘IT operations worldwide via monitoring systems
- Process alerts and remotely resolve issues
- Escalation of issues that cannot be resolved by monitoring team to engineering teams in India, Switzerland and Singapore
- Maintain and develop monitoring platforms
- Bachelor / Master diploma in computer sciences or equivalent from top public engineering universities or colleges (IISC, IIT or NIT)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in successfully developing and operating complex monitoring platforms
- Has first experience in or eager to develop team management skills
- Good communication skills
- Eager to understand and solve complex technical problems
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload
- Perfect command of English
- System Center Suite – SCOM and SCCM (SCSM and SCOR an advantage) to manage operations of large infrastructures
- Large Windows infrastructure operations
- Virtualization (VMware) and Server Based Computing operations
- Advanced systems automation scripting techniques and tools
- Datacenter and cloud backup solutions (VERITAS Netbackup)
- Complex LAN / WAN / Wireless networks, VPN and security (Cisco, CheckPoint) an asset
- DB (MS SQL Server, Oracle) as an asset
This is a great opportunity where the candidate will be able to express his talents both on the technical and on the people management sides. A varied activity where responsibilities will get larger as the candidate settles in the company!
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- A first training period in our HQ in Switzerland
- A culture of engineering, information sharing, innovation and continuous improvement
- A dynamic and highly motivating environment
- Opportunities to take responsibilities and contribute to exciting projects
- Career development opportunities
- Good packages
If you are interested, do not hesitate to apply in English!